The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Is everyone else having this problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Fijidan13 said:
How do you like the AED tune vs the Track Key?
I like it a lot better. the trackey is ok but offers no power gain.

AED has a lopey idle tune I have it and its better then the trackey's lope.

hindsight being 20/20 I would have skipped the trackey and saved the money and just went straight with AED.

I didn't install my Red key for over 20,000 miles. The black key was never used again.

Great photo illustration of the shunned black key, away from the warmth and comfort of the rest of the keys. :)

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
For the longest time I continued to use the silver key for putting around town...and I saved the red key for autox and back road stuff. Now I only use the red key...although I've noticed that my gas milage suffers HORRIBLY when that red key is in :eek:.

noticed some pretty bad pinging the other day while using the red key. car has 16k miles i only use the red key probably some bad gas using the gray key for a few tanks to see what happens. no ping with the gray key but that was expected.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Jeff said:
noticed some pretty bad pinging the other day while using the red key. car has 16k miles i only use the red key probably some bad gas using the gray key for a few tanks to see what happens. no ping with the gray key but that was expected.

The pinging is "normal" according to the Red Key Documentation...makes me uncomfortable...but hey we've got warranties right? :eek:

it never pinged before. or i'm just hearing it now. i no like. will give it a few tanks on the gray key and see how it goes.

How do you guys drive on the street with the Red key? Its super aggressive acceleration and engine braking get annoying when cruising around town and not trying to catch the attention of every cop in the city.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
sadil said:
How do you guys drive on the street with the Red key? Its super aggressive acceleration and engine braking get annoying when cruising around town and not trying to catch the attention of every cop in the city.
are you being serious?

sadil said:

Say what now?

sadil said:

You better sell it and buy a Slowmaro!!

TMO Supporting Vendors