The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Is it just me, or is the new MotorsportReg website completely unusable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the V6L
Saw a news item tonight about the newly redesigned Hagerty Motorsportreg website. Went around to look and took an instant dislike to it.

It looks like some bright spark, who's never signed up for a motorsport event, decided to redevelop the website to cater to mobile. On the old website, when I used to log in, I'd get a "dashboard" with months of local events listed in a compact column for me to browse. Now you get three. That's it. Three. Thing is, they do offer a "browse" option on that page, but all that happens is that three becomes ten that have massive branding logos that fill the screen. My 32" 4K screen has room for two and a half events, and that's it. They've lost that nice tight list that used to be there. At ten events per click and endless scrolling down, the 830 events on the list are going to take a while to look through.

And of course there's also a search option. Thing is, search has never been MSR's strong suit because tracks and organizers never spell the same thing the same way twice. It's hit or miss, mostly miss, in my experience. You'll never find anything that you don't already know is there, and even then it's a chore.

The old site looked like it was designed by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. This new thing is just junk.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Yep. I tried searching a zip code. Street addresses came up. That’s helpful......

I guess if you already know what you are looking for......it’s not too bad.

Amateur web design person for sure. Rule of thumb...only 3 items on display until you click deeper. Have to slow things down for the new generation. Lol

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Checked the other day and agree with you JAJ...........they took a fairly easy site that popped up tracks and events and turned it into a cluster. Amateur web design is a correct statement by TMS!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Just tested it and it doesn't seem that different. They added an extra layer. I clicked "Find Events" at the top, left the search bar blank, changed the location under the search bar, and it popped up with 87 events.

Bugs

Jim. Avocation: Avoiding Blunt-Force Trauma.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Eagle ID
I checked it a few days ago and a search for events was showing only 3 events at a time - practically unusable.

It seems to have gotten better as now it's showing 10 events at a time. The font size is still huge - as if formatted for a phone. I reduced the screen size and found it to be much more usable. I can deal with 10 events per screen compared to 3 events per screen when perusing 87 events.

TMO Supporting Vendors