The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Is leather available on the Boss Recaros for '13?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Really like the leather Recaros in my Shelby and wondering if it is available on the Boss Recaros. I thought I read somewhere that it was but the new pics posted of the black LS doesn't look like it.

cf6mech said:
Leather can be very slippery.....probably not a good Idea for a Boss.
Yep...for serious lateral thrashing, leather wouldn't be ideal. That's why the Bosses have the suede-type stuff on em..to keep that bum firmly planted when scootin around that M3...

Sorry to see the deriding comments start about Shelby owners....There is enough of that over on the Cobra Jet forum. Have always been appreciative of the fact that over on the other Boss forum guys just like MUSTANGS in any form and I have never seen a desparaging word about a CJ or Shelby there.

Anyway, I think the seats design has a lot to do with sliding around. I would agree that some leather is slippery and in the standard Boss or Shelby seat, slippery leather definitly not the best surface. However, with the glove like leather on the Recaros in my Shelby I feel like I am strapped into the space shuttle they grip so well. Just saying, I wish leather in the Boss would have been an option for those of us not planning on racing.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
yeah it would have been nice to have the option. I would have liked to see leather on the bolster parts and back/headrest and suede leather in the center sections but that is just me

might try Katzkin aftermarket or classic soft trim. Both supply leather for many Ford products that is highly customizable and also very high quality. Several OEM approved aftermarket companies use them.

blk12svt said:
Sorry to see the deriding comments start about Shelby owners....There is enough of that over on the Cobra Jet forum. Have always been appreciative of the fact that over on the other Boss forum guys just like MUSTANGS in any form and I have never seen a desparaging word about a CJ or Shelby there.

+1 No need for it here.

jimprw said:
cf6mech said:
Leather can be very slippery.....probably not a good Idea for a Boss.
Yep...for serious lateral thrashing, leather wouldn't be ideal. That's why the Bosses have the suede-type stuff on em..to keep that bum firmly planted when scootin around that M3...
This! I haven't owned a car without leather in over 20 years and I don't miss it at all. I wish there was more Alcantara/suede on the seats as it will wear a lot better than the cloth on the side bolsters.

boss2511 said:
a more handy option would be standard curb alert sensor for the front splitter

QFT

It depends on the leather and the fabric, as people said. The Boss seats, I flop all over the place on the track (with too much lean so the helmet fits) but they grab just right on the street. I am a pretty big fan of Alcantara, and not of leather unless it is suede.

TMO Supporting Vendors