The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Is the BOSS 302 Collector/Investor Market Going Soft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You would think selling two low mile LS's would get a lot more money than this. ;) And they are "Priced To Sell Fast" too. With the GT350 literally days away from the order banks opening someone at this Ferrari dealer needs to put down the crack pipe. With both at $58,900 it should be clear the 2012's are holding their value better. :p

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181749092531?forcerRptr=true&item=181749092531&viewitem=

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181749096327?forcerRptr=true&item=181749096327&viewitem=

02.jpg

02.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Not sure the market has gone soft. Probable waiting for official release of GT350.

Once the hangover from the low production and high cost wears off, the Boss will be "Popular" again.

Buying a Boss at a Ferrari dealership.....Oh Yea. Painful. ;D

It may be, for a while. I just sold a RR '13. I've found and am buying a '13 SBY LS on Saturday. It's a very low mile car that I'm very pleased I've found. I have a GT350 ordered and it may play out that B302's will take a hit because of the GT350. I'm sure that the GT350 will eclipse the performance of the B302's; but I do feel that the '13 SBY LS cars will be the most sought after in the coming years.

I think the 2012 LS will be the one to have. My wife at the dealer talked me out of buying a Silver LS for a YB Boss. Till this day I am upset that I was that easy to change my mind. However that 12 Black LS and the red grapics & Wheels look Hot.
However all boss owners should look at there car as being priceless to them in there heart. I guess if i had the cash and could buy the Boss as an investment I would think differantly. Just my thoughts, but car investment are somewhat on the shakey side. Buy it to drive and when that time comes. It is what ever the market will bring.
Remember the old saying.... There's an a$$ for every seat.
Good Luck to all Boss owners in the future sales should that day ever come.

superhero said:
I think the 2012 LS will be the one to have. My wife at the dealer talked me out of buying a Silver LS for a YB Boss. Till this day I am upset that I was that easy to change my mind. However that 12 Black LS and the red grapics & Wheels look Hot.
However all boss owners should look at there car as being priceless to them in there heart. I guess if i had the cash and could buy the Boss as an investment I would think differantly. Just my thoughts, but car investment are somewhat on the shakey side. Buy it to drive and when that time comes. It is what ever the market will bring.
Remember the old saying.... There's an a$$ for every seat.
Good Luck to all Boss owners in the future sales should that day ever come.

I suggest that both 2012 and 2013 Laguna Seca cars will do very well in the future based just on low production numbers especially low mileage cars with lots of provenance (window sticker, Boss Owners Kit etc.) and all of their parts. Give them another 5 years and see where they are at?

The nice part with the 2 LS cars in Miami is that they are both low mileage and have all of the proper paperwork along with the splitters, brake duct hoses and transmission cooler scoop.

In my humble opinion the 2012 is more collectible and I base that on a number of reasons.

First of all the first production year of any limited edition car is usually worth more in the long run. Take a look at the '65 Shelby GT350 or the '67 Camaro Z28. Both first year cars are worth more than any of the following years. Secondly look at the attrition rate on the 2012 LS cars was very high with many involved in wrecks on the street and also on the track compared to the 2013 LS. In addition the 2012 is much more in your face with the wild paint scheme on the wheels, roof, spoiler etc. There is no question that Ford took some heat for this in your face car and toned the 2013 down a fair bit from a cosmetic standpoint.

The other feature that I like on the 2012 LS is the gauge package on the dash which disappeared on the 2013. Also I believe that the splitter on the 2013 is a bit smaller than the 2012 at least that is what I recall but I could be wrong?

Either way it comes down to personal preference and I just happen to like the 2012 better but would be happy to have a 2013.

I think you should look at replacing one of your cars with the Black LS in Miami unless you have room for them all? ;)

You won't be disappointed and very happy in the long run!!

When I had my 2000 Cobra R the values dropped into the high 20's about 10 years after production (they sold for $54k new), now they have bounced back to the low 40's. So I am sure the Boss values will drop but also sure they will rise again. I bought my Boss to enjoy, I know to many people that buy a car for an investment and get disappointed down the road.

DOM529

302 in 416
Gents, what I've learned over the years and owning a few a Mustangs is you have to buy the right model that fits your budget because cars are not supposed to bring you money. If you're in the tax bracket where the models like the Enzo or the Ford GT, then the money concerns would not be there.
I've always faired well with the resell of my Mustangs as I've always kept them original and in great condition. There is always a buyer who will pay a bit of a premium for it but it comes at the expense of you not putting your boots into it.
So, coffee and cruise or track your car.... one of them will likely hold the value better if that's your concern.
Hope this helps at all.

I have a bulk/red LS with 653miles on it for sale. Still trying to figure out what to list it at.
Anyone interested let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOM529

302 in 416
lukellis said:
I have a bulk/red LS with 653miles on it for sale. Still trying to figure out what to list it at.
Anyone interested let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW, i thought mine with 4k miles was low.
It's a tough question to answer these days as the prices seem to be all over the place.
The fact you have low miles really helps and should demand for a higher than average price.
My thoughts ... $50k if it's really mint with all orig docs and kit.

Seems appropriate for a point of reference.

2k Mile Black Laguna Secca.

Dealership asking $40,750.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10359.0

TMO Supporting Vendors