The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Is the GT350R ride height adjustable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My front splitter is bottoming out at the track and wearing out the splitter (hog pen VIR). I really do not see any solution other than to raise the car. Has anyone else experienced this or found a solution? Thanks

In the V6L
I have the DSC suspension controller installed in my non-R GT350. The latest version of the product allows users to program "travel stops" that send a burst of current into the magride shocks to dramatically slow the movement of the suspension once it's reached a pre-set limit. My splitter used to hit pretty hard on turn 7 at the Ridge and now I get a faint "tick". Speed bumps have stopped being a threat too.

Bay Area
I have the ZL1 on my Carbon R splitter and you have to either use shorter screws that they supply or put them further back on the splitter which defeats the purpose.
I would hit u @50Deep, he showed me a cool product that I'm going to try out soon.

I have the DSC suspension controller installed in my non-R GT350. The latest version of the product allows users to program "travel stops" that send a burst of current into the magride shocks to dramatically slow the movement of the suspension once it's reached a pre-set limit. My splitter used to hit pretty hard on turn 7 at the Ridge and now I get a faint "tick". Speed bumps have stopped being a threat too.

Interesting any other feedback on DSC for track use?

I have the ZL1 splitter guards on my non-R and they've taken a lot of abuse. I was scraping in hog pen every lap, but they're taking it like a champ. Even on the regular splitter I can't get close to the front corners due to the length of the screws so it's still scuffed up underneath, but it stopped the "chewing through the rivets and body of the splitter" issue.

TX
Is it under laterally-compression (straight braking) or while turning? Stiffer bars could help if body roll is contributing.

Im surprised ford engineers missed this one in designing the car. Kind of a big deal considering the cost of the splitters......

FogCitySF

2017 GT350R
Thanks, I got some of the details. Based on your experience, does the Armor Scrap Pad cover meaningfully even lower the lip more/reducing clearance, making the problem of scraping/bottoming out even worse? Also, when you do scrape/bottom out, how has the damage been? Does it also make you scrape more on the track? Thx in advance.

Email them and they will send you the link. I could not find it on the site either.

Bay Area
Thanks, I got some of the details. Based on your experience, does the Armor Scrap Pad cover meaningfully even lower the lip more/reducing clearance, making the problem of scraping/bottoming out even worse? Also, when you do scrape/bottom out, how has the damage been? Does it also make you scrape more on the track? Thx in advance.

I just got my new splitter with the armor. I live in the peninsula so I’m sure you and I have the same issues around here. I’ll keep you posted

Installing today. I will let you know. It is very thin.

TMO Supporting Vendors