The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Is This Worth Getting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/prothane-rear-upper-control-arm-bushing-urethane-axle-side-kit-2005-2012/p/CAB46/

Leaving the stock rear upper control arm in the Boss for now. Will swapping out the bushing to a prothane make any difference?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
it will make a very tiny difference is my guess. for all the trouble of getting it out to swap it I wouldnt bother just save for a decent UCA and do a swap. I dont know if you have ever tried to get just a bushing out of a control arm before but it usually requires setting it on fire to burn it out. and then a press to get the new one in. so like I said a lot of work for something that may or may not make a difference.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I have this in my car, not sure if I can tell a difference. The stock ones do wear out over time, and need to be replaced.

Also if you are running an aftermarket UCA with a poly bushing or rod end on the body side, I would leave this alone. I've been told that it's best to have one of the joints be flexible so the axle can have some articulation.

TMO Supporting Vendors