The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ISO: 19x11 square setup - Found

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all,

I have been convinced by several of you to go down the 19x11 square wheel rabbit hole on my S197 boss, and I think I'm going to wind up going that route. Anyone have a used 19x11 setup for sale? Looking for black or bronze preferably.

Thanks!

Hey all,

I have been convinced by several of you to go down the 19x11 square wheel rabbit hole on my S197 boss, and I think I'm going to wind up going that route. Anyone have a used 19x11 setup for sale? Looking for black or bronze preferably.

Thanks!

get in line....everyone knows im first

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
These are actually a decent track wheel. Not too heavy, flow formed. 20 mm spacer needed up front on S197. -2 degree camber or more needed so they stay under fender.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have to politely disagree , as there are quite a few more options with 18x11s compared to 19x11s. Don't forget , even though currently there are not many used racing slicks available, both Michelin and Pirelli racing take offs are another nice alternative when the racing season gets back in the swing. You can often get a set of these used slicks for around 500-600 a set. Lots of 18s from IMSA and World Challenge in either the Michelin or Pirelli spec sizes.

Keep in mind there are some wide glide 200 TW tires going after the CAM Class in SCCA auto crossing , so there are 315/18s out there in Toyo, BFG, and Falkens to name a few.

I have some Black EC7's Apex 19x11's ET52 square that I would be willing to make you a deal on. 305's on them at this time. You can run a 315 if you like. They have the sticky Bridgestone 71R tires on them. Also fits the gt350's out there.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Ive read about sve’s cracking on the track....
Not these. Run them 6 weekends so far, not a hint of trouble. My tire guy checks the wheels for cracks and runout everytime he changes a set for me. He's worried something he touches is gonna get me hurt or killed.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Not these. Run them 6 weekends so far, not a hint of trouble. My tire guy checks the wheels for cracks and runout everytime he changes a set for me. He's worried something he touches is gonna get me hurt or killed.

I've got 6 of their 350R and 4 of their 350S wheels, 19X11 for dry tires and 19X10 for the rain tires. Collectively have about 18 track days on them. They come off after every track day, get washed inside and out and I take a pretty close look at them, so far I have not noticed anything unusual with them at all. My tire guy is also pretty fastidious as well, he called out 2 of their rims for manufacturing issues and LMR replaced them at their expense. LMR does not promote them as track wheels, I expect for liability reasons.

Regardless of whoever's wheels I run my routine would not change, it's just part of normal post track event maintenance.

SVE Drifts used to be the go to rim for a pile of track rats, though they have not updated their widths so they are no longer very popular with the track day crowd.

I've got 6 of their 350R and 4 of their 350S wheels, 19X11 for dry tires and 19X10 for the rain tires. Collectively have about 18 track days on them. They come off after every track day, get washed inside and out and I take a pretty close look at them, so far I have not noticed anything unusual with them at all. My tire guy is also pretty fastidious as well, he called out 2 of their rims for manufacturing issues and LMR replaced them at their expense. LMR does not promote them as track wheels, I expect for liability reasons.

Regardless of whoever's wheels I run my routine would not change, it's just part of normal post track event maintenance.

SVE Drifts used to be the go to rim for a pile of track rats, though they have not updated their widths so they are no longer very popular with the track day crowd.

im not going to go find the thread on mustang 6g with the cracked 350r rim. regardless, i have a backup set on my drag carof the 350r’s with no problems

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
im not going to go find the thread on mustang 6g with the cracked 350r rim. regardless, i have a backup set on my drag carof the 350r’s with no problems

Hey, no problem man, it wasn't a challenge, I just wondered if you could share what you had seen. I probably should have phrased that differently, My bad.

But if there's been problems I sure want to know about it.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
The only cracked rims I recall seeing on 6G are the P51's and no one could verify if it was due to tracking, street damage or an offroad excursion. I've never once heard of the SVE's having an issue. If you're patient, they usually have a sale around Memorial Day weekend. You could save yourself some cash.
I run 11 square Apex, but will be buying a set of SVE for rain duty.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Not sure if this is the item you're looking for but as always, one issues does not constitute a trend.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Hey all,

Thanks!

You can get brand new SVE GT7 for $540 shipped

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
Not sure if this is the item you're looking for but as always, one issues does not constitute a trend.

I stand corrected, thank you. Overall, I still think they are a great starter track wheel.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel