The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Issues with my Vorshlag camber plate install.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Greenbrier, TN
I’m not sure if this is ok or a bad combo? I’m installing Vorshlag camber plates on the ‘15 GT.
I’ve been running Eibach sport springs with stock struts. when I put the Vorshlag plates on the stock struts everything was tight.
Now I’m trying to put them on the Yellows.
I have different vorshlag bushings for the Konis and I can install everything and tighten the top nut and washer all the way down without a spring compressor.
and there really isn’t much pressure on the spring When it’s tight. I can push down on it by hand a little and rotate the spring.
Is this because its not on the car and under load yet, or shouldn’t it matter?
Here’s a RECAP.
Koni yellows with the Eibach springs and factory plates= tension on the spring.
Ford strut with Eibach springs and Vorshlag = tension on the spring.
Eibach, Koni & Vorshlag = very little spring tension.
Has anyone ran this or a similar set up?

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Greenbrier, TN
just spent some time on their websites.
vorshlag = “works with all lowering springs”
Koni = ”perfect for s550 vehicles that have been lowered”
So everything should work together. I’ve never put struts together that didn’t need a spring compressor though and I really don’t like the idea of things flying apart on the track at 120 mph.

sfo
Spring determines the ride height if strut is fixed. Struts like MCS double adjustable dampner struts are threaded so you can change the RH. So yeah there are many spring combos where you have no tension there (springs move freely) without the car on the ground.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Greenbrier, TN
Thanks. I mocked up the way I was running previously and measured 14 lbs of preload on the bench. (Which I have never checked before). With the new set up I’m getting 9.5 lbs so I learned something. My next investment will be some good coil-overs.

TMO Supporting Vendors