The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 ITALIAN STANG BUILD :2018 MUSTANG PP1 10 SPEED Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Face Plated TKX looks really good, and cheaper than the Magnum at half the weight.

View attachment 80427
View attachment 80428
The shifter is 9" farther forward than the Magnum XL....that would take some fancy linkage or a long goofy shift lever to get there....but its possible.

Just so you are aware, I keep my eye on your magnum xl continually. As if you need another nudge in that direction... lol

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Just so you are aware, I keep my eye on your magnum xl continually. As if you need another nudge in that direction... lol
That weight was erroneous....it was stated 250# on one website but that turned out to be incorrect so it's NOT half the weight.
It's really closer to 25 pounds heavier than the TKX and the TKX trans is not as strong as the Magnum so I will most likely go with another stock magnum and just lower my shift points to something sub 8k.

TX
That weight was erroneous....it was stated 250# on one website but that turned out to be incorrect so it's NOT half the weight.
It's really closer to 25 pounds heavier than the TKX and the TKX trans is not as strong as the Magnum so I will most likely go with another stock magnum and just lower my shift points to something sub 8k.
ORRRRRRR - Jericho 5 speed :)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
ORRRRRRR - Jericho 5 speed :)
I’d love that but…..cost and all the mods I’d need to make to get it in there. More of a project than I’m willing to do at this point.

Thill was good.
New Cooling passed the first test.

Out temp is 50f
Max CHT 201
Max oil 250
Max trans 210 (with cooler block for an 80% see.pic) but took 3 sessions to get at 210. After 8 laps.
More test with warmer ambient temps needed.

Car was moving well.
Some pics about my splitter the new fast release system passed the test wonderfully.

Stable super easy to.install and tons of downforce.
To much it ..my fulcrum14 is at 7deg....

Lap.video on the laptime thread :)

PXL_20230129_193553595.jpg

PXL_20230129_225640390~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230130-171819~2.png

A quick nice article to read when u get 2 or 3 minutes☺️

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Very nice article. I have enjoyed seeing your progression over the years.
I have always meant to ask…what made you settle on CSG pads compared to others ? What is it do you like about them?

Very nice article. I have enjoyed seeing your progression over the years.
I have always meant to ask…what made you settle on CSG pads compared to others ? What is it do you like about them?
Is a very good pad.

The C1 is more controllable, smoother release and has better heat tolerance.
C1 has higher heat tolerance and more linear. The shape of the profile is progressive with temperature and pressure.
this what i currently use.

c21 is more like a dct70. All about initial bite.
but a little more bite than dct70

dct70 is an alternative when i decide to go with the NASA contingency.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Awesome write up! Congratulations on your journey. People here in WI know of you and that's pretty cool.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nice and well deserved article.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Is a very good pad.

The C1 is more controllable, smoother release and has better heat tolerance.
C1 has higher heat tolerance and more linear. The shape of the profile is progressive with temperature and pressure.
this what i currently use.

c21 is more like a dct70. All about initial bite.
but a little more bite than dct70

dct70 is an alternative when i decide to go with the NASA contingency.
Sorry I meant, I know you have tried several pads over the years. Why did you settle on CSG?

TMO Supporting Vendors