The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

It's Been Awfully Quiet Out There: GT500 News

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It seems the GT500 rumor mill has dried up. Anyone got any good solid info on when it will be available? I'm hoping for 2018 but unless it makes it's car show debut soon that won't happen. I was hoping to get surprised with an intro at the L.A. Auto Show but it wasn't there. :(

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/21/2018-ford-mustang-details-leaked-10-speed-auto-no-v6/#slide-4225382

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-photos-news

2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-photos-news-car-and-driver-photo-670035-s-original.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Heard most of the stuff from the first two links and the third one isn't working.

Not necessarily for the GT500, but I heard 4.8L mentioned. Could make sense for CAFE to have a smaller TT V8 with direct injection.

I'm betting on 2018 GT350 availability. I checked with the dealer that I got my Boss from yesterday & they only have 1 '17 GT350 coming & NO R's at this time. So maybe demand will keep them going past 2017...........That FPC motor is one sweet sounding machine!

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
my guess is the 18 350 doesn't happen given the current oil consumption issues and the open recall. That test mule I would suggest was the GT4 car and Ford will move on from the FPC

CAFE policy?
Untill a few weeks ago CAFE standard relief seemed unlikly.
The GT500 may have been a victim of the standards growing so much higher.
The last I saw the EPA was full speed ahead to up the numbers.
A number of automakers had asked for relief.
Ford may have calculated that a GT500 would not fit into the mix.
That day is coming with the current standard.
I will look for the story.

mattlqx

Mustangless
VoodooBOSS said:

To which I counter AGAIN (serious, this happens every 6 months) with...

2017boss.png

It's a quirk of Ford's site to optimize for SEO. Because SEO is king. Or whatever. But you could do this a year ago, two years ago. As long as they've been on the same framework and there have been prior models to search.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel