The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

It's been awfully quiet out there...

I think it's the calm before the storm. Hopefully we hear of some Boss 302's rolling off the assembly line next week and then the media event on the 21st. I moved my order to another dealer so now I have to wait longer for a Q2 build. :'( But it will be worth it.

To pass the time I went to my local Porsche dealer yesterday to check out a GT3 RS I heard they had in stock. It was up on racks while their service department was closed but the sales guy was nice enough to take my son and me out back for a look. The entire underbelly of the RS is sealed by plastic panels. The sales guy stated all new 911's are like that. And the 325 meats on the back look huge when you are looking up at them and there are nice cooling scoops for the rear brakes. The had a GT3 on the showroom so we sat in that for a while. The 911's have come a long way since I last owned one.

So what are you doing to pass the time before the next round of Boss 302 mania starts?

This is what it's all about.
2011DetroitAutoShow056.jpg
 
BossFred said:
Does anybody know if any 2012 Mustangs have been built yet ?
My Boss is suppossed be built next week.
From another forum yesterday. This guy works at Ford: "If it's any consolation, I have seen 2012 cars in the system listed as "in production" so they are being built."
 
I am going to take a ride by the plant this weekend (weather permitting) to see if any inventory is sitting outside in the storage lots. I hope to see some cars, but even better if I can spot a new Boss. It just might break someones heart to see a pix of their new Boss sitting in the snow outside. LOL.

Mike
 

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Moderator
8,523
2,331
Arizona, USA
Boss2X said:
I am going to take a ride by the plant this weekend (weather permitting) to see if any inventory is sitting outside in the storage lots. I hope to see some cars, but even better if I can spot a new Boss. It just might break someones heart to see a pix of their new Boss sitting in the snow outside. LOL.

Mike

Take a camera w/ a zoom lens and get us some "spy" shots! :)
 
5 DOT 0 said:
I think it's the calm before the storm. Hopefully we hear of some Boss 302's rolling off the assembly line next week and then the media event on the 21st. I moved my order to another dealer so now I have to wait longer for a Q2 build. :'( But it will be worth it.

To pass the time I went to my local Porsche dealer yesterday to check out a GT3 RS I heard they had in stock. It was up on racks while their service department was closed but the sales guy was nice enough to take my son and me out back for a look. The entire underbelly of the RS is sealed by plastic panels. The sales guy stated all new 911's are like that. And the 325 meats on the back look huge when you are looking up at them and there are nice cooling scoops for the rear brakes. The had a GT3 on the showroom so we sat in that for a while. The 911's have come a long way since I last owned one.

So what are you doing to pass the time before the next round of Boss 302 mania starts?
Well I was bored this weekend so I pulled the two piece DBA 5000s off my GT500 fronts and the almost new cryo treated 4000s from the rear and put the stock rotors back on. I found a torn cooling hose, so I hillbilly'd it (duct tape) back together. Then I replaced the rings with brand new cryo treated rings that I had ordered as the others were ready to crack through. They had a full season on them and were heat checked pretty deep. Now I have new DBA 5000s front and 4000s rear ready to go on the Boss. Basically I'm committed now so I hope Ford comes through with a somewhat on schedule build! I don't want to have to swap them back to the GT500 ;D
 
5 DOT 0 said:
ArizonaGT said:
Take a camera w/ a zoom lens and get us some "spy" shots! :)
+1 on the zoom lens and spy shots! 8)

cloud9, anything else you're going to swap from your GT500 to your Boss?
You know I was thinking about that this morning. Theoretically I could swap over my Griggs GR40 suspension and Koni coilovers, but that would totally disrupt everything Ford did on the Boss suspension. Not to mention, I would have to put the stock "crap" back on that came with it and that would basically ruin the car even for the street. So I probably won't move any suspension parts over. I would consider moving the rear view mirror with Homelink, but I'll still need it on the GT500 for daily use, so that probably won't happen either. I thought about moving the Aeroforce gauge but with the blower, I like having the IAT and IAT2 temps visible so that probably stays put. I'm definitely not moving the blower over even if it fit! ;)

It's possible that the radiator could be moved over, but Ford is supposed to have given us an upgrade so hopefully that's not necessary. That's about the only thing I could see moving and still keep the GT500 streetable and usable on the drag strip if I decide to go there occasionally again.
 
So $55k MSRP or so?
GT350......

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1055037_2012-shelby-gt350-convertible-images-leaked-ahead-of-chicago-auto-show?obref=Outloud
 

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Moderator
8,523
2,331
Arizona, USA
larrygk said:
So $55k MSRP or so?
GT350......

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1055037_2012-shelby-gt350-convertible-images-leaked-ahead-of-chicago-auto-show?obref=Outloud

Lol no thanks, that thing is hideous (seen it in person) and it's just a bunch of bolt-on parts from FRPP and other companies. You can build literally the same car in your garage (minus the hideous body kit) for a lot less money. Shelby didn't really do any work on this, they just integrated a bunch of aftermarket suppliers' stuff.
 
1,255
0
GA
I would not own one either. The '08 Bullitt is engineer's car and unique much like the Boss; the Bullitt engine revs to 6500 RPM, has a specially geared TR3650 transmission, and has the same 3.73 rear end used in the GT500KR and FR500S, and who know whatever other goodies that they did not mention. I have really enjoyed owning it and the only thing that could replace it is the Boss.
 
PJWANNABE said:
I would not own one either. The '08 Bullitt is engineer's car and unique much like the Boss; the Bullitt engine revs to 6500 RPM, has a specially geared TR3650 transmission, and has the same 3.73 rear end used in the GT500KR and FR500S, and who know whatever other goodies that they did not mention. I have really enjoyed owning it and the only thing that could replace it is the Boss.
The Bullitt is a bad ass stang in my book. They have the sleeper look to them.

Fred
 
I just checked in with my dealer for an update. I have a Scheduled To Day of 2/28 now and an ETA of 3/12, which seems promising. Prior it was Scheduled To Week of 2/28.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top