The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

It's been awfully quiet out there...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger that. So another of (many) reasons I ordered my Boss last week here in San Diego. Non LS but with the Recaro/Torsen option.
I asked the dealer if they could hook me up with a factory visit to see it being built and some stage of production. Anyone else inquire on that or know how feasible it is? they said they "would check with their Ford rep"..famous last words.

GA
larrygk said:
Roger that. So another of (many) reasons I ordered my Boss last week here in San Diego. Non LS but with the Recaro/Torsen option.
I asked the dealer if they could hook me up with a factory visit to see it being built and some stage of production. Anyone else inquire on that or know how feasible it is? they said they "would check with their Ford rep"..famous last words.

Try contacting John Clor at Ford Performance Group. He might be able to organize a group tour (or one may already be in the works). He has been helpful to the Bullitt crowd.

GA
BossFred said:
PJWANNABE said:
I would not own one either. The '08 Bullitt is engineer's car and unique much like the Boss; the Bullitt engine revs to 6500 RPM, has a specially geared TR3650 transmission, and has the same 3.73 rear end used in the GT500KR and FR500S, and who know whatever other goodies that they did not mention. I have really enjoyed owning it and the only thing that could replace it is the Boss.
The Bullitt is a bad ass stang in my book. They have the sleeper look to them.

Fred

It is going to be a tough decision to hand over the keys if I get the Boss. I can only afford to keep one.

PJWANNABE said:
It is going to be a tough decision to hand over the keys if I get the Boss. I can only afford to keep one.
Your decision should get a bit easier after your first rip throught the gears revving out at 7,500 RPM's. ;)

cloud9 said:
I just checked in with my dealer for an update. I have a Scheduled To Day of 2/28 now and an ETA of 3/12, which seems promising. Prior it was Scheduled To Week of 2/28.

Is the ETA the day it arrives at the dealer?

GA
larrygk said:
Thanks much PJ. I will contact John at FPG.

No problem. His email should be [email protected] Andrew Casselberry is another nice guy over there you could talk to- [email protected] If you go to fordperformancegroup.com, the picture of the row of Bullitts was taken by me at Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach, SC in 2008. I feel proud that it has a permanent home there.

I recommend that everyone join the Mustang Club of America if you are not already a member- www.mustang.org You get the great monthly magazine Mustang Times and you get the opportunity get in on cool happenings. The discounts you can get can easily pay for the annual membership.

I went by the plant Saturday afternoon. I did see a few hundred Mustangs in the lots, but No Bosses, or Shelby's either. There were 400-600 cars outside, I don't think the plant was running as there didn't seem to be enough employee cars in the lot either. Maybe next week?

I'll be checking again next weekend since its not that far away from me. I wish google earth was live. You can make out which cars are Shelby's from the picture they have today. So I bet you could pick out the Bosses too because of the roof paint. If I see any next weekend I will take Pix. It is hard to see in some areas due to the huge snow piles.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel