The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

It's gone......I traded the Boss today..........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've always wanted a race car and ever since NASA introduced "Spec Iron" I wanted to get involved.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/2013/01/nasa-announces-new-spec-iron-c.html

So the car..... excuse me, the Race Car :D started life as a 2010 Mustang GT and was converted to Spec Iron by Iconic Racing, A.K.A. BACKDRAFT Racing.

It was a new build, built to be a Spec Iron car from day one.

So while it's sad to see the Boss go.......Here's to new experiences!

Enjoy the pictures!

Doug

DSCF2021_zps1ebc6239.jpg

DSCF2019_zps248b0fb5.jpg

DSCF2020_zps24d5bb38.jpg

DSCF2023_zpse298eed3.jpg

DSCF2022_zpsc2fd6c4e.jpg

DSCF2025_zps27ab2aab.jpg

DSCF2024_zps9cc4ef2a.jpg

That's awesome, congratulations. Keep us posted on your new racing career.

I fear, wink wink, that this is what my car will look like by end of year! Very nice car, congratulations on your trade. roadhouse, this looks street legal for OK?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

cosm3os said:
If he was smart, he rolled the difference into the financing. OP, you did finance your racecar, didn't you?

I traded my '12 Boss 302 and got cash to pay off most of what I owed.

Small amount out of pocket......

Tulsa, OK
centri5.0 said:
I fear, wink wink, that this is what my car will look like by end of year! Very nice car, congratulations on your trade. roadhouse, this looks street legal for OK?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Totally, looks like a street car to me :) I'm afraid we are headed down this path...

Very nice ride, man. Congrats on the new race car. Go get 'em.

TMO Supporting Vendors