The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I've been wondering when a Shelby 1000 would come up for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's a pretty crazy price regardless of what it cost new.

I'm with you. Assuming it was ~$225k new, with 40% depreciation it should be selling for about $135k. I use 40% because that is about how much less I paid for my 2013 GT350 vs new. Then again, it's got less than 1k miles on it.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
I saw one of these in person at Shelby just by sheer luck on a side stop during a business trip to vegas some time back. Might even have been that one. They had just driven it through the shop during a chance Shelby tour and it was out front being wiped down afterwards awaiting pick up. I might have taken a pic but short of being a collectible, it really didn't jump out at me. I had read the article and knew what it was but sort of left with respectful half a shrug- and I have a GT500 with several Shelby performance products installed. Maybe at that moment in time 1000 was something, but over 640? was on tap next year for '13 and 800 is no effort on '13s and '14s so that much money is still a hard sell for the rest of it. Don't get me wrong, I'd certainly not turn one down but for that much coin today I'd keep gathering funds and be on the hunt for a 2005-2006 Ford GT.

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
Obviously $190k is a lot but it seems reasonable to me. Someone will buy it, sit on it and someday it sell for 2 or 3 times that amount. The only real question is how long will it take to significantly appreciate in value. Because it certainly is not IF only WHEN.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel