The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

J&M or Max Motorsport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I've used both and both are great.
J&M obviously has a price advantage.
MM allows you to adjust caster, but I never even touched that in all the time I used them. The S197 has plenty of caster built into the geometry already.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ArizonaBOSS said:
I've used both and both are great.
J&M obviously has a price advantage.
MM allows you to adjust caster, but I never even touched that in all the time I used them. The S197 has plenty of caster built into the geometry already.

Gotta correct you on that...the *new* J&M will do both caster and camber. It is also reversible so that it has a much greater range of camber adjustment.

Both brands advertise 0.7 degrees of caster range.

new '11-'14 J&M plates here:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/jm-caster-camber-plates-1114.html

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Grant 302 said:
Gotta correct you on that...the *new* J&M will do both caster and camber. It is also reversible so that it has a much greater range of camber adjustment.

Both brands advertise 0.7 degrees of caster range.

new '11-'14 J&M plates here:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/jm-caster-camber-plates-1114.html

I was not aware, thanks! Looks like their design has become very similar to the MM plates (I'll leave it at that).

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ArizonaBOSS said:
I was not aware, thanks! Looks like their design has become very similar to the MM plates (I'll leave it at that).

I think they've only been out for a month or two. I wouldn't expect anybody to know about them.

First thing I noticed. Making it reversible probably changes it enough to never become a patent issue.

I was interested in the Ground Control camber plates.
FrenchBoss, have you researched the GC plates at all? I'm trying to decide which one to go with.

TMO Supporting Vendors