The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 J2053 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Beautiful color !! I ordered a twin to yours but my wife reminded me that she did not care if I got a GT 350, but that I needed to make sure it was not ......Blue! Blue Ram truck , Blue Viper, she said not another blue machine in the garage ,ha. No problem now since I have a white Boss.....but redone with lots of blue highlights, ha!

I would tell you to spend your first bucks getting a camber plate ( Sponsor Vorshlag arguably makes the best one for a wide range of movement) , as the car needs negative camber up front. Easy to do in the rear with an independent rear end.

Welcome and where in Indiana are you?

Beautiful color !! I ordered a twin to yours but my wife reminded me that she did not care if I got a GT 350, but that I needed to make sure it was not ......Blue! Blue Ram truck , Blue Viper, she said not another blue machine in the garage ,ha. No problem now since I have a white Boss.....but redone with lots of blue highlights, ha!

I would tell you to spend your first bucks getting a camber plate ( Sponsor Vorshlag arguably makes the best one for a wide range of movement) , as the car needs negative camber up front. Easy to do in the rear with an independent rear end.

Welcome and where in Indiana are you?
Thank you! I love orange and I love blue. My camaro was orange and the first time I saw this color I was hooked. When this car came out, I said I would have one, when I saw this color on it I knew which one I would have.
Are the camber plates a bolt on deal or is there cutting involved? I installed a few different types on 5th gen camaros.
I'm in Plainfield, just west of indy. I have a shop and am starting to do a lot more mustang builds so I'm definitely curious of what works and what doesnt on these.
what year boss? I love those cars

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Thank you! I love orange and I love blue. My camaro was orange and the first time I saw this color I was hooked. When this car came out, I said I would have one, when I saw this color on it I knew which one I would have.
Are the camber plates a bolt on deal or is there cutting involved? I installed a few different types on 5th gen camaros.
I'm in Plainfield, just west of indy. I have a shop and am starting to do a lot more mustang builds so I'm definitely curious of what works and what doesnt on these.
what year boss? I love those cars

Vorshlag plates require no cutting, unless you want to open up the strut towers at the top. Vorshlag makes a hole saw jig for that. You can gain more camber doing that. I got their jig and cut the hole, it's pretty simple. Haven't had it to the alignment rack yet to find out what I ended up with. Most vendors plates don't require cutting to install though.

TMO Supporting Vendors