The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Jacking Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

I bought a set of Race Ramps and must say they are awesome. However, I have a problem. My jack raises the car 19" from the front, but I need another inch and a half to get the 12" RR crib underneath the tire. My jack is maxxed out and quite honestly, I dont feel comfortable lifting the car any higher. The droop is really killing me so I was wondering, how about I use a second jack so lift the arm while the primary jack has the car lifted. I know lifting the car from the arm is a big no-no, but how about just lifting a drooping arm/axle/tire/wheel/spring so I can get my 12" crib underneath the tire. I have thoguth about it several times but cant find any serious points of concern. What do you guys thing?

I use a 2x4 with my jack at the pinch weld so they won't bend. But you could use a block of wood just to get another inch or two of clearance.

I dont think you should worry about the wheel/suspension sagging. I know it looks bad, but no harm can be done in that short period of time.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel