The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

JBA Producing GT350 Shorty Headers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Stumbled across these today. Looks like they come in ceramic coated stainless steel, titanium ceramic, and stainless steel. Not CA legal at this point, but knowing JBA they might be in the future. Thoughts?

http://jbaspeedshop.com/i-22726267-jba-performance-exhaust-1690sjs-1-3-4-header-shorty-stainless-steel-2015-16-mustang-gt350-5-2l-silver-ceramic.html

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Tough to say without seeing a picture or (ideally) a dyno, but typically the shortys don't offer much over the stock "manifolds" for the money and effort outlay to get them swapped. This was how it worked on the 5.0, anyways.

I know ARH and Kooks both have LTs available, however, and you WILL pick up some power there.

The Kooks shorty headers have been a popular mod with many Boss and S197 owners. They are of excellent quality. Our friends up the hill at AED just installed a set of Kooks LT headers on member YoPauly's Boss. You should ask Shaun what he likes.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I know Shaun prefers the 1+3/4" mid-lengths "long tubes" from Kooks; I asked him specifically what he recommends when I was getting headers late in 2015.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Last time I talked to Shaun he was schooling me about what the FPC would like. He recommended a tuned mid-length header to take advantage of the exhaust pulses and scavenging over an LT setup. I was hoping the might fit the bill.

I sent an email to JBA looking for more info. Was hoping one of you boys here would have an inside scoop like you usually do

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel