The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

JDM Engineering installs /tune results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Guys,
Heres a shot and video of the 1st dyno tuned pull from the guys @ JDM Engineering.
I also had them install Kooks SS shortys and jegs SS cat deletes about 2 weeks ago.

I can't say enough about the performance of this tune and what great guys are over there at JDM in Freehold,NJ. Major thanks to Jim Jr and Nick for their professionalism, knowledge and communication.

The throttle response is crisp and immediate and doesn't stop pulling until the 8k redline. Its so much better than the TracKey I've had installed for over a year in the following ways.

Pulls like a freight train
Much more linear throttle
More immediate throttle
Still decels as expected and no surging
Plain kicks ass !

Also with this tune I feel way more connected to the acceleration of the car which feels way more controllable

Thanks - Rob

dyno-boss_zps729f206b.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSzyH9Uv6eQ&feature=youtu.be

Very nice. I will also be seeking JDM for the same at some point. Just need to keep saving my cash. Keep us posted if anything changes.

Flyboygsxr said:
Do you have a chart that shows the revs also?

No - don't have that chart printed but Jim explained, in great detail, all the parameters of his tune on the rpm sheet. Was very impressed by the time he took to explain all the bits, what this motor can and cant make safely on aftermarket tunes / mods etc.

I'm going to run it for a month or so, datalog some, and probably switch out the air box for a steeda and throttle body once I get some good numbers. For now I'm so impressed i'll leave be - this is a street beast ! so much more fun to drive.With the Kooks/Jegs/tune combo i'm probably close to a 40hp gain or so but im not splitting hairs on numbers. I do need better tires - that is 100% for sure

Congrats! Those are great numbers!

How does it sound with the shorties?

We will have to get the NJ folks together at some point!! I may just have to stop and see the folks at JDM!! ;D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
LP Heaven said:
No - don't have that chart printed but Jim explained, in great detail, all the parameters of his tune on the rpm sheet. Was very impressed by the time he took to explain all the bits, what this motor can and cant make safely on aftermarket tunes / mods etc.

I'm going to run it for a month or so, datalog some, and probably switch out the air box for a steeda and throttle body once I get some good numbers. For now I'm so impressed i'll leave be - this is a street beast ! so much more fun to drive.With the Kooks/Jegs/tune combo i'm probably close to a 40hp gain or so but im not splitting hairs on numbers. I do need better tires - that is 100% for sure
yeah when I went to an AED tune it was like a completely different car. I thoroughly like my steeda boss cai. Best quality one out there IMO next up after that is the pj airaid carbon fiber cai. Never been very impressed with jlt or c&l and there flimsy excuse of a box around the filter and how the tube is basically just hanging off of the tb.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I like my Steeda Airbox,but havent found a tune that performs as well as Trackey. Im back to stock aircleaner and tune.
All the other tunes ive tried fall on there face on hard launches but feel strong on mid to upper end range.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
unrealford said:
I like my Steeda Airbox,but havent found a tune that performs as well as Trackey. Im back to stock aircleaner and tune.
All the other tunes ive tried fall on there face on hard launches but feel strong on mid to upper end range.
you need to try AED out. I had a few others and they sucked as well. One of them being steeda

I agree the stock airbox is excellent. The boys hit the mark on it no doubt. I liked Trackey a lot and that's why I kept it in for so long and was hesitant on custom tuning. I did a metric ton of research on custom tuning and in the end I went with minor exhaust mods and tune. In August, i'll be getting the Steeda and have my tune adjusted for it.

Shaun from AED was extremely helpful as well and answered a barrage of questions.
Right now, I don't see myself ever going back to stock because the tune I have now out performs Trackey in every way except the Launch Control, which is such an awesome feature and lopey idle - a fun novelty.

The JDM tune is akin to taking a blanket off of a speaker 8) Makes you say damn, what a difference ! This is all from a 40somthin dude who never matured past 20 and grewup with muscle cars, dirt bikes and heavy metal ha!

To the NJ boys - Let me know if your ever going on a cruise for a cup of java somewhere - that would be really cool.

Justin said:
you need to try AED out. I had a few others and they sucked as well. One of them being steeda

If JDM wasn't basically around the block from me, I would have gone with AED. Also to be honest, I would bet a shiny nickel that the bigboy tuners all chat with eachother as well - AED/Lund/JDM Etc..
Ya have to figure that guys like Jim D'Amore Sr and Shaun that have been tuning and racing all these years collaborate a bit here and there. All have their secret sauce but also commonality.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I'm going to try AED but haven't learned how to data log yet. Saun asked for logs, as soon as I can get some info I'll shoot him a file.
I know tunes are stronger because my Mph is like 2-3 more in 1/4 mile..but 60fts are terrible, almost to the point where car is stumbling and barely moving.

Unrealford - call SCT themselves and they will walk you through how to datalog via your laptop. It was surprisingly easy to do, even for a moron such as myself! Ideally you can have someone sit in your passenger seat and hit 'start' and 'finish' on your laptop when you do your pulls.

TMO Supporting Vendors