The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Jegs Cat Deletes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should work, I use the BBK cat deletes, had to have them welded, leaked at the connector going into mid pipe. I heard the Jegs are better.

Apparently, Longtubes can be installed without cats and the motor runs fine. Although the CEL is lit. I reason that means the motor will run fine with cat deletes as well. I would love to install long tube headers but I can't justify $3000 and still having a CEL lit. It's worth $200 to me for the cat deletes to learn if the motor makes any more power. If it does, and I can't stand the CEL, I will forget about track and get a custom tune that turns off the O2 sensors. I really like Trak Key though. Hopefully the red key and the deletes will get along.

TMO Supporting Vendors