The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

JLP Cam Tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I got a reply from JLP

All Those charticristics are results of the CAM File..It will surge up and down sometimes and idle rough and smell rich because of the unspent fuel from the cam settings..i can take that part out of the tune if you do not want that..e-mail me the serial number off the device and i'll email you the tune for you to down load on the device then reflash the car...

Johnny Lightning

I am going to send him the info and get a non cam tune I guess.

As for the exhaust it didnt smell like unburnt fuel it smells like sulfur (ie cat going bad)

Shaun@AED said:
And any Idle Lope tune should NOT be run with cats.

I figured this was the reason the lope was gone from the Trackey tune. If I decide to remove the cats someday, I'll give you guys a call. Let us know if you figure out the increased engine braking and launch control.

Any more problems with the JLP TUNE? Has anybody tried the AED TUNER and if so any problems? Thanks

Justin

302 said:
Any more problems with the JLP TUNE? Has anybody tried the AED TUNER and if so any problems? Thanks
haven't ran it since then. Got a reply to my complaints and was told that's just how it is. He offered to give me a reg idle tune

Justin

302 said:
Do you know anybody that has used the AED?
5 DOT OH posted a vid of the AED idle of someone else's car or Shaun from AED posts on here maybe he can give you the contact info?

I am going to try the steeda cam idle along with there CAI here in a few weeks seeing how there tune is 90 bucks vice 200 something for one from AED or John Lund

TMO Supporting Vendors