The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

JLP Cam Tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
While I was at All Ford Nationals one of the other boss owners there got a tune from JLP and after hearing it idle I ended up getting the tune as well. Here is a video of the other guys car after he got his done. I havent taken video of my car yet. He has stock exhaust plates removed from side exhaust.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPV1Hqb9uLY[/youtube]

Justin

gremlinsteve said:
interesting piece. so those are stock cams in the car and you had the car retuned by a shop.

what where the before and the after dyno numbers?
the car in the vid is completely stock. and my car is pretty much stock. I have no before or after dyno numbers. The tuner said it gains 20hp (at the wheels or crank he didnt say) my butt dyno says if it did gain hp it wasnt much over the TK

Justin

gremlinsteve said:
cool beans..

you using the sct tuner? email tune?
yes and sorta....he loaded the tuner there at the show for me then walked to my car and put it on the car but no actual dyno time. he had three bosses in his tent area. I will be doing a drag strip compare where it matters for a before and after to see if its worth some ET

That sounds awesome. How does it run?

That sounds amazing... I think I will wait till my warranty runs out though before I play with a custom tune.

I know the Custom Tune will overnight the Track Key Tune, but is there a way to return the TK tune? Most Tuners allow the saving of the tune prior to uploading a new one.

Course, it would be nice if a tuner was able to figure out the Ford Track Key Tune, and just adjust the "Lopey Idle" part and leave the rest of the Track Key tune in-tact. If someone figures that out they will make a TON of $$$ because TK owner's won't really be giving up anything..

Justin

rpm3dinc said:
That sounds amazing... I think I will wait till my warranty runs out though before I play with a custom tune.

I know the Custom Tune will overnight the Track Key Tune, but is there a way to return the TK tune? Most Tuners allow the saving of the tune prior to uploading a new one.

Course, it would be nice if a tuner was able to figure out the Ford Track Key Tune, and just adjust the "Lopey Idle" part and leave the rest of the Track Key tune in-tact. If someone figures that out they will make a TON of $$$ because TK owner's won't really be giving up anything..
It does override the Trackey but you can return the car to stock with the tuner at anytime and once you do it goes back to how it was with the trackey and silver key. I have switched between the two a few times.

I wish they would just be able to adjust the idle of the trackey as well and leave the rest alone. I will buy that too if it ever comes out.

boss2511 said:
It does override the Trackey but you can return the car to stock with the tuner at anytime and once you do it goes back to how it was with the trackey and silver key. I have switched between the two a few times.

I wish they would just be able to adjust the idle of the trackey as well and leave the rest alone. I will buy that too if it ever comes out.
That's good to know. There's the issue, many tuners are going to be able to change the idle and add some HP but they are going to have a hard time replicating the engine braking, launch control, and pit lane speed limiter not to mention other parameters we don't know about. I have to admit I like the TK lopey idle more than I thought I would but I like the sound of revving the car up to 4-5,000 RPM's and then backing off the throttle more. ;D Regardless it's the engine braking that I find useful while driving the car on the track.

Justin

Now I am thinking about adding the Steeda Boss 302 CAI to the mix but that will have to hold off for a while. I have to pay off this tuner and tune first lol

boss2511 said:

Let me get this stright. You have put a tune in the ECU then returned it to stock and theTK tune is still in the computer?

Justin

95blitz said:
boss2511 said:

Let me get this stright. You have put a tune in the ECU then returned it to stock and theTK tune is still in the computer?
Well what you do is hook up the tuner select program car. then select custom tune and select the file you want to load onto the car. once it starts it unlocks the ECU then pulls the info off the computer and stores it to the device. once that is done then it loads the custom tune. So when you want to return it to stock you plug it back in select program vehicle then select return to stock. then it clears the custom tune and loads the stock programs back.

TMO Supporting Vendors