The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

JMS Power Max Voltage Booster Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey twin turbo Boss 302 guy here. This question was most applicable to boosted cars and/or guys that have upgraded injector size.

The Boss came equipped with a JMS Power Max voltage booster. The concept of how it works isn't rocket science (although I did graduate in the bottom 25% of my high school class), but one thing has me baffled. It's got a remote control knob which apparently overrides the front panel on the Power Max. Settings on panel are 0/25/50/75/100. I got no clue what those numbers mean. I assume its related to dialing in increased voltage. Not being an electrical engineer (I'm just a stupid pilot) can somebody explain to me why you wouldn't want max voltage available all the time or under what circumstances you would dial it up if the latter wasn't true?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel