The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

JRI's weeping.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My rear JRI's have been weeping shock oil since new, This normal for this set? I have ran Inverted shock before and can't recall them ever leaking. Not dripping, just "wet". The bottom of the shock, shaft and bump stop are damp. I wipe them off, drive it and then have to wipe them down again. They only have 1K miles on them. Whats your take for those who are or have used them.

I had a little bit of moisture on my rears but nothing that concerned me. I kept an eye on them though just in case. If you're not happy Winter is a good time to send them in for service.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I just have a little at the adjuster (DA) units. Both look about the same and not any worse than any motorcycle shocks I've owned, so I don't worry about it. I'm not seeing much on the shaft or bumpstop.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel