The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just bought a Boss!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ufnavy06 said:
boss2511 said:
I am in the Navy and live in Virginia beach. my history with mustangs isnt new. prior to this I had a 96 cobra that was highly modified and made 630rwhp (in 2006) sadly do to poor tuning from hp performance (they are in orange park, fl) it dropped to cylinders two days after a tune from them. I sold it and later in 2008 bought a 2006 GT. it was fun but at 85K it threw a rod through the block and it sat for two and half years till I scraped together enough money to get a motor back in it. once it was done I drove it to the dealer and traded it in on the boss :). from lessons learned I have always enjoyed both cars when they were only slightly modified once they got big power they became a chore to drive and the cobra made to much power to really use it on the street. so long rant later....I dont plan to modify the boss just looking to get the track key, MGW shifter and an alum driveshaft. I have ordered a craig's front license plate holder so I dont have to drill into the bumper for the front plate and ordered a K&N drop in filter for it.

As for the pics sadly it has been raining since I bought it and the car is not nearly clean enough to post pics. after I give it the full adam's polish treatment I will take some pics and post them.

on a sad note the passenger side mirror has started to seperate and looks like it may fall off and it wont adjust right goes into the dealer tomorrow to get fixed....hopefully that is a painless process and not some (we'll just glue it) type fix.

That's not good.... I had them tune my '06 GT and was looking to them if I decide to do the Kooks exhaust.

I would turn to either american muscle (bama) tuners or brenspeed for a tune. the headers arent that hard to tune for. I didnt get a tune for my long tubes on my car ran a set of mil eliminators I had laying around. if you order from bama you get tunes for life try getting that out of hp performance

BLAZN BOSS

blackjack100 said:
Boss2511, I just ordered a 2013 from Beach Ford. You, BlaznBoss and anyone else in the Tidewater Area, you ought to bring those new Bosses to our car show on the Outer Banks on St. Patrick's Day. It's a great cruise from your area and you could show off those new rides. Let me know if you'd like information.
Sounds like a plan.............send some info

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
blackjack100 said:
Boss2511, I just ordered a 2013 from Beach Ford. You, BlaznBoss and anyone else in the Tidewater Area, you ought to bring those new Bosses to our car show on the Outer Banks on St. Patrick's Day. It's a great cruise from your area and you could show off those new rides. Let me know if you'd like information.
Yes, info please.

BLAZN BOSS

OK, whos going next week?...................need to make a plan here.

Not as pretty... um clean (sorry, the wife was posting!), but it works!

Flyer - http://firstflightcruisers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=337&d=1331239460
Registration form - http://firstflightcruisers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=331&d=1327009791

Justin

blackjack100 said:
Not as pretty... um clean (sorry, the wife was posting!), but it works!

Flyer - http://firstflightcruisers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=337&d=1331239460
Registration form - http://firstflightcruisers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=331&d=1327009791
thanks for the repost. I wont be able to make it as I have to work thursday and friday and I will be making a trip to PA to visit my family/show off new car/drag race it. but if the weather turns for the worse up there I wont be going so it will be my plan b

Sounds like a fun weekend , the drag racing part. High 11s shouldn't be a problem , I've seen it done on the factory tires. Northeast Dragway in Hertford.NC just opened this weekend. its a 1/8 mile track, they have great turnouts.

Justin

Just checked the weather for where I would be going looks like rain. so for now I am going to go. if the weather changes I will let you know.

TMO Supporting Vendors