The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just Bought RR 2012 #3168

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flew to Philly on friday and picked her up. Ran great on the 20 hour drive back to Tulsa, OK. Had roughly 3700 miles on her when we left Philly, sitting at just under 5100 now.

One quick cell phone pic. Will post more one I'm done cleaning.

claire.jpg

Congratulations. Which wheels are on the car and did you get the stock wheels with the car?

drano38

Wayne
CrazyHorse1847 said:
Thanks guys.

The wheels are blacked out 2010 GT500 style. I did get the stock wheels and will most likely use them for my track tires.

Congrats, and you've got the fasted color. Glad to hear you're going to track it, like it was built to be used.
Are the GT500 wheels 18"? If so, I'd suggest using those for track duty because of more tire choices. If they're 18x9.5, you're in great shape for 275 or 285 width tires. If 18x9, then you'll have to use a slightly narrower tire per tire manufacturer recommendations.
Have fun!

Thanks again everyone.

The wheels are 19's and are staggered they have the stock tires on them right now.

I'm debating whether to keep the stock rims for track use or sell them and find some lighter 18's to use.

TMO Supporting Vendors