The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just found this, your thoughts ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://gapriderracing.com/2011-2014-Mustang-6spd-Manual-Shifter-Mount-System-GRR-MT82-00.htm

Not something I need, Just thought I would throw this out there.

GRR-MT82-00%20Rear%20Left%20View%20800.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Look at all of that plastic on top of the OEM lower shifter box.

This looks like it would also work with the original MGW shifters

I'm interested in Steve's review of this product. One thing for sure, the BFR unit looks to be of much higher quality in its construction.

302 Hi Pro

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I just received one of these units to demo and review. Having seen both Steve's kit up close (which is an awesome piece of kit) a MGW race spec (the defacto leader in machining work in shifter kits) and now this, its certainly interesting.

Full review to come, but first impressions surprised me: the single sided support bracket is very heavy gauge metal. The whole kit down to the bolts weighs 5lbs 1ounce, I'm not sure how much it removes, and looks well put together (good instructions, clearly labeled fasteners and multiple fastener options for multiple shifter options).

Interesting indeed. I think a solution like this or the Blowfish setup (or the MGW) is really the way to go over all these high vibration mounts that don't really solve the problem of the overall geometry changes that have to occur to accomodate the shifter's position relative to the transmission during operation.

TMO Supporting Vendors