The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just got my VIN!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all this is my first post. I ordered my Boss late July and the dealer told me expect a late Dec / Jan delivery. Fast forward to a week ago and they called with my VIN. Im going nuts waiting for this car... my third Mustang.

Congrats - won't be too long now. Once you get your window sticker, you're about a week from production. Then you wait for the train. :)

Congratulations. Even though you'll get messages that your car has shipped don't get too excited until you have a railcar number. Once you have your railcar number then you will know for sure your Boss has shipped. Ask me how I know this... ::)

MustangX3 said:
Mine is scheduled for 9/8

Congratz!

I think waiting the last couple weeks are the worst.

Mine was originately due 09/06, but now it's a week earlier. Maybe yours will get bumped earlier too.

What date was your's born on?

Mine was born on 08/17/11

You guys are lucky. My order was accepted on April 13th, or so my dealer says, but yet my dealer says my car is 4th quarter build. Am I getting the real story? Why would a July order be built earlier than a mid-April order?

TMO Supporting Vendors