The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just having track key programmed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just got mine done too..:p The next day I got a CEL Misfire and loss of power, but it hasn't happened again. Make sure they run the Misfire Relearn where they run the car at 3200 rpm at the end of the Track Key programming. We did that to mine, but I may need to do it again. Good luck, it takes a bit for the lopey idle to kick in. It will say it on the screen of the 2013 with the "OK" msg. Good luck and enjoy!

Chris

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I just put my stock CAI and fuel injectors back in and put the stock tunes back on my car. I missed the engine breaking of the trackey program. down fall the car feels like it lost a lot of power going from my AED tune and steeda CAI. but its nice to run every once and a while. I have a carbon fiber PJ airaid CAI coming in the mail that I can run with the trackey tune. I might run it that way for the winter.

Justin

oh and default for the 2 step is 2000rpms so before you ask whats wrong with your car and why it wont go above that rpm with the clutch pressed in that is why. refer to the owner instructions as to how to adjust this

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Justin said:
I just put my stock CAI and fuel injectors back in and put the stock tunes back on my car. I missed the engine breaking of the trackey program. down fall the car feels like it lost a lot of power going from my AED tune and steeda CAI. but its nice to run every once and a while. I have a carbon fiber PJ airaid CAI coming in the mail that I can run with the trackey tune. I might run it that way for the winter.
Good boy:. :).... That's what I ended up doing this spring after a bunch of test with Steeda Tunes and CAI. I'm back to stock, Completely... LOL except for Shifter, clutch, UCA

Justin

unrealford said:
Good boy:. :).... That's what I ended up doing this spring after a bunch of test with Steeda Tunes and CAI. I'm back to stock, Completely... LOL except for Shifter, clutch, UCA
yeah I had steeda tunes previously wasn't impressed didn't seem like it made anymore power to me. I have a new aed tune to get data logs but that would require putting the 47# injectors back in. Easy but pain to deal with the gas smell in the garage. Also got a feeling the wife bought me a nitrous express kit and Shaun will get a tune for that as well :)

TMO Supporting Vendors