The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just in our Narrow Track Vision..... Are alloy Wheel prices going to go up???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
With the tariffs going into affect for imported alloys etc.... Does this mean that Forgestar and Apex wheels etc will be going up 25%. Seems that almost all affordable wheels are made in China now...

Lucky I just bought my Apex wheels!

Those wheels are made in China.

US
Well the hope is they will begin to be manufactured here in the USA for that same price you could import them for and we keep Americans working and our country out of debt. Long term plan obviously but this is step one. The balls on that Trump guy!!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

DFW, TX
I bought some APEX wheels due to budget. I have no issues with them. If have $1000/wheel, go with CCW TS12 racespec. They are the best bang for the buck I researched for forged wheels. (Someday 11.5" on all corners...)

I think the factory GT350 wheels are made in China.

I wish I could afford Forgelines, but that will likely not happen unless I win the lottery.

Just FYI Forgestar was bought by Weld Wheels last year and I was told that the plan was for production to be moved to the US at some point (either Missouri or Oklahoma IIRC). Not sure if that happened yet.

Good to see jobs may be coming back to the U.S..........Back in the distant past we made most all of our stuff here, on our soil..these days the opposite is true. I doubt we will ever return to our manufacturing glories of yesteryear but there's always hope...

Yes Weld owns CCW and Forgestar now but I couldn't find anything in a quick google to show that Forgestar has moved production stateside. I was told of the move by one of the biggest Forgestar vendors when I bought wheels for my Focus RS last year. He said that he was encouraged by the move because the turnaround for new wheels would go from multiple months to just a few weeks and that would make his customers much happier.

http://www.performanceracing.com/news/weld-racing-acquires-forgestar-performance

Well the hope is they will begin to be manufactured here in the USA for that same price you could import them for and we keep Americans working and our country out of debt. Long term plan obviously but this is step one. The balls on that Trump guy!!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

What does the trade deficit have to do with government spending?

The money made from tariffs will allow the government to spend more money it actually has instead of the money it does not have?

Tim
Or they just make the wheels in a country without a tariff. Either way, you pay more for the same product, sales go down, and tax revenue goes down. Tariffs don't work.

TMO Supporting Vendors