The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just in our Narrow Track Vision..... Are alloy Wheel prices going to go up???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

US
What does the trade deficit have to do with government spending?
Nothing to do with spending. Has to do with our income. We are losing our ass on trades. Getting a fair shake will increase our income. This income could be used to pay off our debts to all the other countries we owe money to and eventually may put us into a situation where our taxes could be lowered or any number of other good things. Not holding my breath though.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
In the end tariffs tend to hurt everyone! Best way is just match tariffs so people think twice about applying them... If the EU puts a 10% tariff on US cars. Just do the same.... Until they all play fair. Down here in Chile 10 years ago the only Fords here, where made in Mexico or Europe.... No thanks to low tariffs and trade deals the country is full of all kinds of American cars. I see F150 and mustangs every where I go down here.

I'm not a fan of tariffs either but I am a fan of fair trade. Seems like the US is not getting a fair deal from China. Regarding NAFTA, I was in Mexico City on business the day the US Senate voted on it in 1994. I was surprised how many billboards were advertising for the US to accept the deal. It worked out well for Mexico and Canada but that was almost 24 years ago and these deals weren't meant to last forever. Times have changed and it's time to renegotiate them, just wish we could be a bit more diplomatic in our approach.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
China is a whole other topic.... nothing like fair trade with them at the moment... Seen that in mining equipment, they are rapidly taking over the market in the third world. They take over another 10% market share every year!

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors