The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just ordered 305/35/19 NT05R's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone using these? I'm sick of not having traction so ordered these. Not going to road race with them, but should be a nice sticky tire for this summer.

Would love to see a pic on the stock 19x10 Boss wheel.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Sticky tires are sticky. On the street they will pick up everything. EVERYTHING. Be prepared for more road-rash on the sides of your car <or> install some 3M or similar protection.

Here they are. 305/35/19 on 10". I think they look good. Not too noticeable of bulge. Love the grip. Thanks for the comments. I'm impressed.

20140319_175303_zps656580d7.jpg

20140319_194016_zpsb53d57ec.jpg

ms71171 said:
Anyone using these? I'm sick of not having traction so ordered these. Not going to road race with them, but should be a nice sticky tire for this summer.

Would love to see a pic on the stock 19x10 Boss wheel.

I've got a set of the Nitto Drag Radials. They are sticky enough that the drive shaft broke at the track. The drag radials have too much side wall for daily driving.

That's exactly what I I needed to know thanks I will b getting the 555r ! Got to beat a camaro with x pipe headers n a tune

Tulsa, OK
Not sure if these are an option for you, but my drag racing friends say the NT05Rs are even better than the NT555Rs. They do wear quickly on the street but if you don't drive your car often it may be a good choice. Good luck :)

Update today on my camaro Problem raced twice he only pulled a half car links through second gear after that we were dead even so next one I heated the tires up good got him one car length at the hole shot n he caught up to my door n that's where he stayed ! Ps I thought I had the track key tune and it turns out it's not activated so I beat him with the normal key I am running the corsa tires too

op

I am looking at these tires now and wondered what your thoughts were after a year of use?

how many miles did you put on them?

these would not be for daily driving

these are drag radials and would be used for a little drag racing and http://www.flashlightdrags.com/

TMO Supporting Vendors