The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just ordered: Apex Race Wheels - 18x10 et 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
I just ordered a set of the Apex EC-7's in Anthracite.

Spoke to the Apex team and they seem like a good group who cares about auto enthusiasts. Ryan at Apex indicated that they plan to offer additional wheels (including a 19 inch) in 2015.

More pictures to come once mounted later this winter.

http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/Mustang/18x10-ET43-APEX-EC-7-Mustang-Wheel.html#.VHkJo4tN1SU

I'm familiar with these from my M3 days... Didn't know they had a mustang set-up. Post pics when you mount pls! Need to pick up some 18s myself. What size tires can you fit on these?

gleek48

Tapatalk User
LTNYC said:
I'm familiar with these from my M3 days... Didn't know they had a mustang set-up. Post pics when you mount pls! Need to pick up some 18s myself. What size tires can you fit on these?

I am likely going to put 295/35-18's on the rear and 265/35 or 275/35 or 275/40 on the front at first. Since I am keeping the stock suspension at first, I don't want to induce the snap oversteer until it is dealt with in a new suspension set up.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
F.D. Sako said:
I see that their regular EC-7 wheel is on BF sale for 250ea, did they give you the same deal for the mustang version?

No, but I got $50 off a set plus free shipping.

Nice looking wheels

Look a lot like my FRPP BBS wheels and similar weight, but half the price

Any idea where these are made?

EDIT - Given JWL testing and VIA certification, I'm guessing Japan?

gleek48

Tapatalk User
VTBoss302 said:
Nice looking wheels

Look a lot like my FRPP BBS wheels and similar weight, but half the price

Any idea where these are made?

EDIT - Given JWL testing and VIA certification, I'm guessing Japan?

Not sure where they are made, but was told in Asia. Once I get the package, I will let everyone know.

Apex has a pretty good reputation with the BMW community and seemingly caters to the motorsports world.

They are not forged, but use the flow form casting method. Supposedly stronger than normal cast wheels.

They are made in China. Apex is local to me and just about every BMW I see in the paddock runs them.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
After traveling for a bit, just had time to open a box for the wheel. I will be installing them next year. So for now, they are under the tree!

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

gleek48

Tapatalk User
NFSBOSS said:
Did you ever get these wheels mounted?

Unfortunately, not yet. It's been crazy at work compounded with the cold/snow. Looking to get this done in March. I will post pictures when complete. I have a room full of parts that need to get bolted on!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel