The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just Venting......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There's only on tune in the PCM and either key activates it, so it's not possible there is a difference. Placebo effect yes. Hopefully soon. My next big track event is 6/18-6/19 so I'm going to be glass half full for a while and dream that I'll have it by then. ::)

From what I have heard, TracKey likely won't be out before September. CARB doesn't have it yet. When they do, they are supposed to test it for three months before giving the ok.

I loved that original story. I started my quest for a Boss a little late in the game (April timeframe). I probably called over 25 dealerships in 5 different states. I'd start off by first asking for New Car Sales and once transferred to someone, I'd begin with explaining that I was interested in a 2012 Boss 302 and that I wanted to know if their dealership was given an allocation since it was a limited quantity vehicle. I can't tell you how many came back and said "oh yeah...we can get you one". One salesman and I almost got into a shouting match as I explained to him how the allocation process works. He finally spoke to the sales mgr and apologized that he had no clue that it worked like that. After the first handful of calls, it became very evident of who was aware of the program vs. not. So I eventually found a dealer in VA who said that they had a Q2 allocation and would not charge over MSRP. I'm hoping to pick up my CO Recaro/Torsen next weekend.

Ryeman0127,
Which dealership in Virginia did you go to? I ordered mine on 20 Apr from Williamsburg Ford and shortly after my order, they sold their second allocation. Both Boss orders were identical: Tricoat Yellow. Mine is supposed to be here on 8 June. Unfortunately, I'll be TDY next week, so I made the manager promise to leave the car as is. Don't unwrap it or clean it, just do the obligatory inspection, mount the damn front license plate holder (which I detest) and park it in the delivery bay until I get back. He's the first guy I've dealt with in a dealership that knows something about muscle cars. One of his salesmen ratted him out though because he drives a 6.4 Hemi'd Challenger. I gave him a lot of grief, but can't really blame him. It's a nice looking ride.

The challenger is a nice ride but it is bigger & heavier than the BOSS. The 6.1 425 hp hemi couldn't keep up with the 412 hp gt. I think that's why Dodge came out with the 6.4 475 hp engine this year. I still believe the BOSS will leave that mopar in the rear view mirror.

STIG302 said:
Ryeman0127,
Which dealership in Virginia did you go to? I ordered mine on 20 Apr from Williamsburg Ford and shortly after my order, they sold their second allocation. Both Boss orders were identical: Tricoat Yellow. Mine is supposed to be here on 8 June. Unfortunately, I'll be TDY next week, so I made the manager promise to leave the car as is. Don't unwrap it or clean it, just do the obligatory inspection, mount the damn front license plate holder (which I detest) and park it in the delivery bay until I get back. He's the first guy I've dealt with in a dealership that knows something about muscle cars. One of his salesmen ratted him out though because he drives a 6.4 Hemi'd Challenger. I gave him a lot of grief, but can't really blame him. It's a nice looking ride.

If you detest it...I would highly recommend getting something like this...

http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/

Seems like a great product..I just ordered one also...why put holes in the BOSS if you don't have to...in Ct it's the law to display a front plate. My friend with the new Camaro is still running with no front plate & says once he gets his first ticket then he'll worry about it. His car will look a lot worst than the BOSS with the front plate.

Yeah, that's y I got the flip up plate. Driving I'll have it showing. Parked & on the track it will stowed

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel