The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

k member questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWBoss said:
What is wrong with the spherical arms? I know some earlier A-Arms failed (as far as I know mostly on GT500 ) but the new versions which are tall ball joints are much stronger. Also why did you warn about the street and not the track? Would not track use put more pressure on the arms?

Mostly I was under the impression that arms were still failing but that may be false. Also I know track conditions can be tough, you can hit the gator backs at extremely high speeds, but do tracks have pot holes or other harsh obstacles that you find on the road?

Brandon302 said:
Mostly I was under the impression that arms were still failing but that may be false. Also I know track conditions can be tough, you can hit the gator backs at extremely high speeds, but do tracks have pot holes or other harsh obstacles that you find on the road?

They might still be failing but the reports that I read were all from earlier and AFAIR mostly from the GT500 community. Kelly from BMR emphasized (I believe in an SVTPerformance thread (but I do not have the link)) that he did not suggest the earlier arms to use either but that he was very confident in the new taller arms holding up. Agree that potholes are not good.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel