The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

K springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finally time to start on some mods. I have all of my suspension already sitting in the garage, just no springs. I don't do too much in the way of track events. More of the 2-3 day rallies. I like the low look the k springs give the Boss. Googled a couple of examples. I have read mixed reviews about what all is needed I use these springs. I currently have a panhard bar, lca's, uca, and koni yellows. Do I need anything else? Should I stay away from the k springs? Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run them on mine - it’s a double duty street/track car. I’d recommend relo brackets for your LCA’s to keep the suspension geometry right, but other than that you shouldn’t need anything.

I’m quite happy with mine and don’t think they’re “too low”for the street or anything.

I have double adjustable lca's. I still need relocation brackets?

Last edited:
I run them on mine - it’s a double duty street/track car. I’d recommend relo brackets for your LCA’s to keep the suspension geometry right, but other than that you shouldn’t need anything.

I’m quite happy with mine and don’t think they’re “too low”for the street or anything.

You have a pic?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have double adjustable lca's. I still need relocation brackets?

The adjustable LCA's allow you to adjust pinion angle. The Relocation brackets correct the geometry which changed with the lowering springs. I would recommend the relocation brackets regardless which LCA's you have.

Last edited:
Hope this works - this should take you right to the last picture in the gallery:

https://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Customer-Cars/Ray-Goertz-Mustang-Boss-302/i-r64LSWD/A

This is with the k springs installed. It’s settled a hair since then but barely noticeable so this is pretty much the height you’ll see.

I run the LS splitter on the street (not installed in the pic) because I’m too lazy to remove it between track days and I don’t have any issues.

Hope this works - this should take you right to the last picture in the gallery:

https://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Customer-Cars/Ray-Goertz-Mustang-Boss-302/i-r64LSWD/A

This is with the k springs installed. It’s settled a hair since then but barely noticeable so this is pretty much the height you’ll see.

I run the LS splitter on the street (not installed in the pic) because I’m too lazy to remove it between track days and I don’t have any issues.

That looks awesome. I went ahead and ordered k springs tonight. I'm excited

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel