The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

KB AGS-4 Suspension Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isrboss

Eric said:
Jimmy,

Nope....here're the numbers. I'd have to look under the car to verify front and rear.

343257 // 35115.701
355301 // 35115.702

ISR and Boro,

Concur with the secrecy thing...makes you wonder why. Having said that, for me it was less about spring rates and more about how the system worked. What I didnt want to do was create an ill handling car in an effort to correct ride height and rear roll center. Ford spent some serious R&D coin on developing the Boss, so in my mind simply swapping springs was problematic. I had a similar experience with my 70 Boss as I experimented with different springs, lowering front A-Arms and such only to end up with a car that handled poorly on the street and track. I finally settled on a fully engineered and tested set up from Global West....and the difference was night and day in both environments. So, for me KB's approach was similar to GW...they race what they sell....and its a fully engineered and tested system with each component compatable with the other components.

r
Eric

r/
Eric

Eibach Pro Street-S Coilovers - #35115.711
2007-2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Coupe, V8-5.4L-SC, S197
2007-2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible V8-5.4L-SC, S197

Description Part Number Qty
Front Coil Over Assembly 35115.8100 2
Front Main Spring 35115.701 2 =400lbs/in
Front Spacer Spacer250.0 2
Front Helper 0175.250.0150.0 2
Front Bump Stop BS770014 2
Rear Damper 35101.8004 2
Rear Spring 35115.702 2 = 275lbs/in
Rear Adjustable Collar 8000155 2
Rear Bump Stop BS45001617 2

Thanks for the part#'s those are straight from Eibach's gt500. Not sure about the dampers, but Eibach does funny things with part numbers. Perfect rates for a street/HPDE car in my opinion, but why hide that sh*t KB? I'm not sure if I would not run a small sway with that though, but I don't know what goes in to the geometry of KB's 4.0. I hope KB isn't charging an extra $500 for those KB stickers on the dampers! :eek:

boro my Eibach/federn with KW dampers is a low quantity(Eibach has started making their own dampers now). It really is simply a KW V1 with red springs, because I bet Eibach supplies the springs to KW they just make them yellow.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting!
Wicked thread, guys.

Thanks for digging this up Eric and ISR!

FWIW As far as I can tell, the roll center relocation kit is to account for the altered roll couple when lowered (that is, the front roll center will drop, but the rear will remain where it is when the car is lowered--changing the angle yielded by the roll couple). That relocation kit should put things closer to the stock roll couple (and have less geometric anti-roll out back). I would definitely rock the KB phb and roll center relocation kit if/when I change my car's ride height... Good too to also know that GT500 pro street coilovers can save me a few bucks!

The rates look good to me, and 275 rear is an appropriate rear rate with accounted roll couple.

I know the KB arms add some anti dive to the front end...are there any other arms which do the same thing? Better yet--perhaps a bushing kit???

Boro,

The KB front control arms adjust for both anti-dive and roll center...and work in concert with the mods to the rear suspension. The lower ball joint is longer...similar to the FR 302S front control arms. The forward pick-up point on the FCA is at a different angle than the stock FCA...presume this is where the anti-dive is being adjusted from. The KB K-Member will only accept the KB FCA...you'll have to modify the stock K-Member to accept the KB FCA.

r
Eric

Eric said:
Boro,

The KB front control arms adjust for both anti-dive and roll center...and work in concert with the mods to the rear suspension. The lower ball joint is longer...similar to the FR 302S front control arms. The forward pick-up point on the FCA is at a different angle than the stock FCA...presume this is where the anti-dive is being adjusted from. The KB K-Member will only accept the KB FCA...you'll have to modify the stock K-Member to accept the KB FCA.

r
Eric

sweet!
Thanks for the info. I guess I need to do a lot of saving before dreaming of less anti dive up front :(
k member + arms...ouch!

I forgot the arms had taller ball joints. It really sounds like the KB spec stuff totally puts roll center and roll couple back to factory locations (given that one only lowers the car by 1 to 1.5 inches)

isrboss

boro the Eibach pro street s kit whether you were to get the Gt(05-10) or GT500 ( both require gt500/05-10 upper mounts) are a great buy, as I can confirm. I don't have bump/rebound adj. but I get it close with sway adj., then adj. air pressure at track similar to adj. dampers. Unless i'm missing something here KB is raping on that Eibach kit.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel