The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Keeping the Boss cool?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BossDuke said:
Yeah, that's my problem too- so many mods, so little money to blow. ::) (That's my wife's face)

Mike

Hey just do what I did buy something expensive let here see and naturally start up on you then pay for something for her that surprises her and Man up and let her know dont worrie of what I do to my car. ;D

Sesshomurai said:
Any recommendations on oil cooler?
I bought Kendall's 2012 LS from him as he now has a 2013. I ran at the Shelby Bash for 2 days and it never got over 220 with Cooltech's oil cooler and 200 water temp with the tiger racing hood. Kendall used Autometer Gauges in place of Ford's and they are red until up to race temps and turn blue when they hit operating temp, very handy.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Justin said:
WILL NOT FIT A BOSS 302!!! :(

I seen that too. after I emailed them 48 times for an answer. I dont see how it wouldnt fit a boss as the ford racing fits both the GT and boss....
bringing up an old thread but thought you would like to hear that it does indeed fit. got word straight from fluidyne
Thanks for your question. As you have suspected, the information you got from Brenspeed is not correct. They are great guys and we have a lot of respect for them but the facts of the fitment issue are as follows:

Ø The FHP20-05MU is a 2-row core that fits the ’05 thru ’13 Mustangs. The top and bottom hose diameters are both 1.5”

Ø The FHP30-05MU is our latest configuration for this part. It is a 3-row radiator that fits the ’05-’13 Mustangs as well and both water ftgs. are 1.5”

Ø The FHP30-07MU is our GT-500 unit and it has bigger water fittings than the Boss 302 radiator. This is likely the point that Brenspeed may have been trying to make when they mentioned a fitment issue.

Hope this added info has been helpful… and thanks for your continued confidence in FLUIDYNE High Performance!

Gary @ FLUIDYNE

From: Cunningham, Justin E. FC1 [************************
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:48 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: FLUIDYNER Radiator Part # FHP20-05MU

Hello,

I am trying to find out if FLUIDYNE® Radiator Part # FHP20-05MU will fit a 2012 Boss 302. Brenspeed lists it will not fit a Boss 302 but will fit any other mustang from 05-13. I find this hard to believe that it wont fit a boss as you can upgrade the GT’s with a boss radiator and you can upgrade a boss radiator with a ford racing radiator which also fits GT’s and Boss. I would like to have this radiator. If it takes a minor modification for it to fit that is fine with me. If you could please set the record straight that will be very helpful. Here is the link to there website listing if it helps sort things out.

http://www.brenspeed.com/06-2001-b11692a.html

TMO Supporting Vendors