The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
I installed this 5 years ago. Truly adds stiffness and also very nice to be able able to place jack or stands any where on the rail.

Can you tell me a bit more?

1) Do you have a GT or a Boss?
1b) If a Boss how did you navigate the side exhaust?

2) Any increase or decrease in NVH? KB claims a noticeable decrease.

3) Any rust forming on the matrix?

4) When you say ‘adds stiffness’ can you elaborate on what you have seen/felt?

Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Charles

1) I have a 2012 Boss LS
1b) Prior to installing this I had converted to an off-road h-pipe with no cat and no side pipes. Since then I have a custom-made side exhausts, no rear, to accommodate my diffuser.
2) Regarding NVH, it has been years since my car was a nice street ride. With all my mods it is anything but a comfortable ride.
3) No rust, however rarely do I drive in rain, and that has only been a handful of times.
4) Regarding stiffness, that was so many years ago, it is tough for me to specifically describe the impact. I do recall being very pleased with improved cornering and less body sway. It was also visible when jack from a corner, the entire side of the car raises with little deflection.

TMO Supporting Vendors