The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Register Log in

Knock Knock.... no ones home, its turned off!!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Reaction score
A friend of mine was having all kinds of codes and problems running his car at the track. Its a 2015 S550 thats almost stock. So I logged his car for him and we found it running really rich but with the knock sensores turned OFF! As one can imagine the car runs ruff and dies often at ideal. The codes are P0012 and 11 plus several 300 codes... But no Knock error codes...

I assume some tuner turned off the knock sensor??? The car has only been to Ford and a reputable tuner here in Chile. is it strange that I get no Knock readings as well as no knock errors??

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Reaction score
Lol. Tiritas de chicharrón con grasa.
Now you're making me learn Chilean phrases!? ;)

But yeah, that's pretty messed up.

302BOB

Epic Contributor
Reaction score
Knock, knock.......who's there...........nobody.......that's not good..........More code chewing may lead to the answer....In the old days it was SO much easier!!!!!!!!..Not that I would remember..............

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Reaction score
My friends answer to the problem seems to make some sense..... He bought the Stage two power kit from Ford with a tuner, tune, gt350 tb and CAI. ...... i would have fixed the problem first before adding variables.. but what the heck... its not my car!! His hope is that the Ford tune will but things back to stock....

302BOB

Epic Contributor
Reaction score
Our Cali Moderators are still wailing from that Red Sox sting/win Don't blame me..I'm a Yankee fan(when I have to be and A NY Giant fan because of the family curse) and was rooting for the Dodgers!!!!

302BOB

Epic Contributor
Reaction score
Whoa, Bob! Don't make ASSumptions about my allegiances! You know I'm not from here!
Grant, You are right!!! I 'm now starting to recall what they say about ASSuming and it ain't good. I guess poor Voodooboss is the one grieving today.....On a good note....My Giants CAN'T lose this weekend!!!!!!! They have a bye....Thank God!!!!!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Reaction score
Sorry apart from going off topic and getting us in trouble with our significant others..... This tread should be in the S550 section.. My bad!

The Ford tune flash had no affect and just added some more error codes... P0012, P0012, p0020, p0068 several p03xx etc etc....

Would it be right to guess that either the pcm has gone bonkers or more likely something is shorting in the electrical harness??

TMO Supporting Vendors