The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Knock Knock.... no ones home, its turned off!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
A friend of mine was having all kinds of codes and problems running his car at the track. Its a 2015 S550 thats almost stock. So I logged his car for him and we found it running really rich but with the knock sensores turned OFF! As one can imagine the car runs ruff and dies often at ideal. The codes are P0012 and 11 plus several 300 codes... But no Knock error codes...

I assume some tuner turned off the knock sensor??? The car has only been to Ford and a reputable tuner here in Chile. is it strange that I get no Knock readings as well as no knock errors??

Knock, knock.......who's there...........nobody.......that's not good..........More code chewing may lead to the answer....In the old days it was SO much easier!!!!!!!!..Not that I would remember..............

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
My friends answer to the problem seems to make some sense..... He bought the Stage two power kit from Ford with a tuner, tune, gt350 tb and CAI. ...... i would have fixed the problem first before adding variables.. but what the heck... its not my car!! His hope is that the Ford tune will but things back to stock....

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Sorry apart from going off topic and getting us in trouble with our significant others..... This tread should be in the S550 section.. My bad!

The Ford tune flash had no affect and just added some more error codes... P0012, P0012, p0020, p0068 several p03xx etc etc....

Would it be right to guess that either the pcm has gone bonkers or more likely something is shorting in the electrical harness??

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Stuck in Limbo.. the best local tuner says its due to a cam problems.. But I have a hard time linking no knock readings to the cam.

TMO Supporting Vendors