The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Knock sensor question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
In my last data log, the knock sensor came in on some runs and not on others. Is it possible to have a faulty sensor or the have the sensor pick up vibrations from other sources? My car has had a lot off track time in the last two years (+20 events a year). Did notice all kinds of new rattles after installing the whiteline tranny bushing (removed once the Blowfish bracket arrived).

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Might be worth doing a Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Relearn and seeing if it happens again.

You running race fuel for safety? If not, you might want to "treat" yourself to a tank before doing the relearn and seeing if that cures it.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Car is in the body shop till next week. I have a can of sunoco ready to try out as soon as the car is on the road again. Is that the same as the crank relearn I see on the sctx4? I have had the gear box out twice so far and I doubt the shop did a relearn. Sounds like a good lead to follow.....

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Car is finally back from the body shop and waiting for a set of stickers to be made up. Did a crank relearn and had a mechanic friend come over to do a compression test. All readings were in between 143 and 145 psi, plugs looked fine and just as they did a couple months ago.
Off to a dyno tomorrow to log the car again and see if there is any change.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel