The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Koenigsegg Uses Ford Motors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
They don't use much from Ford...
Just the general Coyote architecture...

Speaks volumes to the success of the Ford engineers who worked on the initial project. JMO, but I was sold on the engine from day 1.

I like the discussed and visible improvements...like the tri-Y pipes. I do wonder why the 'front' isn't visible. I'm guessing all the sensors are moved under the 'dry' covers at the 'back' of the heads. I wish there were more pictures of the various parts. Probably good reason that they don't want to share too much.

There was a time when I thought these levels of specific output would only come with advancements like cam-less and DI...but this engine doesn't even make use of either.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
They originally use the 4.6L block on the Koenigsegg CC8S, well before the Coyote.

R&T said:
Their first application of the Ford engine was in 2002 in the CC8S...

True...and sure, I could have said 'Modular' as the base part of the Coyote 'architecture' certainly comes from it's 4.6L predecessor. I've liked the modular family of engines even back to the original mid-'90s versions. But I mean it sincerely when I complement the Coyote engineering team members.

R&T said:
The first iteration of the Koenigsegg engine, as seen on the CCX, shared about 20 to 25 percent of its parts with the Ford engines, but the most recent variants have been upgraded so much that they only share about five percent.

This part makes me think it's been more of a progression and that they've still been borrowing from the Ford modular family, which would mean Coyote parts. And off the cuff, the pictured engine in the article looks more like a Coyote than an older 4.6L...at least more than any of those that I've worked on back from the c. '02 period. I don't think they make that clear in the article.

Found some samples...

2011:
_DSF0948-L.jpg

img_9999-jpg.jpg

Older 'teksid' block
2014-03-04234244.jpg
And the old iron block:
400031_002.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel