The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

KohR Motorsports is at Daytona competing in IMPC GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC

For those trying to keep up with the acronyms:

Series: IMSA MICHELIN PILOT CHALLENGE
Class: GRAND SPORT

Who here has the TrackPass? I'm considering getting it but I believe it's for live streaming - can't record and watch it later at your convenience, correct?
Hi Chris, I just signed up last week so don’t have a lot of experience. I don’t see where you can record but as you can see in the photos, they show you what’s coming up for viewing and there are also replays. I don’t know yet if everything is available for replay or just some things. The replay list is currently showing events back to Oct 2020. You can sort by sport (e.g. NASCAR, IMSA). The video shows what is coming up filtered by IMSA.

8DE98597-86A2-4992-8224-FAF0CDC06CF9.jpeg

33690F77-3ECA-4746-869F-E659EDD3110B.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC

That's how I watch IMSA race stuff. They frequently block stuff by country or continent, but a VPN solves that problem for the most part.
So as I was poking around in the app just now, I noticed a channel for Indycar and thought I'd watch one while "working". Turns out that it is not included in the Trackpass, that there is another subscription for Indycar Pass for another $50 a year. You only get NASCAR and IMSA with the Track Pass I have. ☹

So as I was poking around in the app just now, I noticed a channel for Indycar and thought I'd watch one while "working". Turns out that it is not included in the Trackpass, that there is another subscription for Indycar Pass for another $50 a year. You only get NASCAR and IMSA with the Track Pass I have. ☹

I have the Indycar pass as well. One thing you have to watch out for is you can watch Indycar practice, and qualifying live, but the races are not. This is a instance where i didn't read the fine print. Now you can watch them after the race is over (usually like 30 min, or so), but it is kind of annoying to pay for it, and not get it live. Sorry, rant over.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I have the Indycar pass as well. One thing you have to watch out for is you can watch Indycar practice, and qualifying live, but the races are not. This is a instance where i didn't read the fine print. Now you can watch them after the race is over (usually like 30 min, or so), but it is kind of annoying to pay for it, and not get it live. Sorry, rant over.
The licensing/exclusivity agreements in motorsports can be so wonky for the average viewer. It can never be simple or straight forward. You have to really put effort in to watch racing broadcasts. Maybe someone will eventually figure out how to cut through all the red tape eventually and make it extremely simple for us to watch what we want to watch, when we want to watch it, and still make sure the powers-that-be get their cut.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
There's so many ways of getting race stuff without going to apps and TV which are always going to cost you $$, sometimes ridiculous amounts of $$. The internet is your friend. With a VPN you can "virtually move" elsewhere in the world where these broadcasts are free.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
There's so many ways of getting race stuff without going to apps and TV which are always going to cost you $$, sometimes ridiculous amounts of $$. The internet is your friend. With a VPN you can "virtually move" elsewhere in the world where these broadcasts are free.
True - but it really shouldn't even be that tough. You shouldn't have to mask your location to be able to watch motorsports broadcasts. I know it works, but it also takes away from the series if you do that (no judgement from me for those who do it, I don't blame you with how convoluted everything is). The series organizers have to know people are going that route, and they should make things easier if they want to prevent it.

Maybe it's so challenging because there are so many people trying to get a piece of the pie, I don't know. And unfortunately, there isn't a big enough demand for these broadcasts (compared to the big time sports) so we'll never see a simple solution on one of the big networks. But one can dream.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I always wanted to get into IMSA but I can never figure out how to watch it easily. My schedule is unpredictable so it'd be nice if I could watch recordings or something but it sounds like they don't do that. They really don't make it easy (I use a VPN for basically everything, so that's a non-issue). Maybe I'm just too dumb to figure it out (seems likely since my wife does all the TV stuff, I just follow along).

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
IMSA TV often posts replays of races. On the IMSA TV website there are tabs at the top of the page for various series. Root around in there and see what you can find, I've seen video stuff show up in there for various series. Usually if you look at the race weekend sked you can kind of roughly figure out what they might be showing on their live stream for the next couple of days. I pretty much get everything they do off that one site, their coverage is usually really good.

There are other sources, like on Reddit, but they're pretty sketchy and best left alone.

sfo
I sure would like to be a fly on the paddock wall watching what a pro team does with the s550 chassis. I could learn things!

TMO Supporting Vendors