The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Kona Blue GT Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Looks like your son's shop did a solid job on rebuilding the Kona Blue Beast and you are likely to get plenty of comments on the machine as TMO has a wealth of Kona Blue Mustang owners. Do usually run at Pahrump or do you primarily go to the track outside the Vegas Speedway? Welcome and nice build on ole Blue.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Boulder City, NV
Looks like your son's shop did a solid job on rebuilding the Kona Blue Beast and you are likely to get plenty of comments on the machine as TMO has a wealth of Kona Blue Mustang owners. Do usually run at Pahrump or do you primarily go to the track outside the Vegas Speedway? Welcome and nice build on ole Blue.
Thanks for the feedback. I have run mostly at Chuckwalla, Willow Springs, and Outer Road Course LVMS. I do go to Spring Mountain with the LVR Porsche Club from time to time. I'll be at Chuckwalla next month for the Mustang Drivers Club Series, then Willow Springs for NASA T3, and finally Outer Road Course LVMS in April for round 4 of Mustang Drivers Club Series.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Boulder City, NV
Chuckwalla is a very good facility with excellent paddock. Its a bit repetitious as the only options are CW or CCW. They plan to add a second track in the not too distant future. Its still affordable to be a member at Chuckwalla as the buy in is $15K. This is a steal compared to the current Spring Mountain buy in of > $65K. On the other hand, Spring Mountain offers numerous configurations and is less than 1 hour from my home. Chuckwalla is a > 3 hour drive towing the car on about 50% two lane desert roads.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel