The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Kona Blue w/ recaros at MSRP in Florida

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012YellowBoss said:
TheBlues9108 said:
I agree; anyone that does their homework can get a Boss at a good deal. One dealership in Atlanta is “asking” 10 K over MSRP for the Boss and an unbelievable 30 K over MSRP for the Boss LS.

Sandy Springs, lol - if so they have the same cars listed over and over and over and over and over on ebay. Hell car #38 has been list for months on ebay, down to 5K over but still no buyers.
Those guys kill me, they keep listing the same ones over and over. They'll learn one of these days.

Hey did you change your ID? ;) I like it!

5 DOT 0 said:
2012YellowBoss said:
TheBlues9108 said:
I agree; anyone that does their homework can get a Boss at a good deal. One dealership in Atlanta is “asking” 10 K over MSRP for the Boss and an unbelievable 30 K over MSRP for the Boss LS.

Sandy Springs, lol - if so they have the same cars listed over and over and over and over and over on ebay. Hell car #38 has been list for months on ebay, down to 5K over but still no buyers.
Those guys kill me, they keep listing the same ones over and over. They'll learn one of these days.

Yes, Sandy Springs. They have a great selection of Bosses and Shelbys in their show room. However, the prices they are asking over MSRP it will become a museum. The salesman said they had turned down 17 K over MSRP for their Boss LS. It is hard to believe a dealership has that much greed.

I called about the RR with Recaros at Sandy Springs and said their starting point was $10k over. The lowest I got him to was $6k. Typically around here they are $2k-3k. I'm not driving 9 hours to pay more lol.

Market value is generally defined as the most a legitimate customer will pay. They're in business to maximize their profit. They can do that in several ways: including a single deal or development of customer relations for return business. Sounds like this one is a one shot deal and will go for ADM price if the dealer can get it. If you want a Kona Blue and you want it now and have the extra money, then go for it. But if you can wait and are willing to do some research and contact other dealers, I think the consensus on this forum is that a Boss can definitely be had for MSRP.

Go to Autotrader. com and do an advance search on “Boss”. There will be about 150 on line. Most dealership are starting to realize the 5/10 K suckers have the Boss of their dreams. Do your home work and you will find one at MSRP or less.

I am waiting on my CO; the build date is 6/27/11 hopefully it will be here very soon! Good luck on your hunt if you need any more info email me.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I found a dealer near Sarasota, Fl who I talked down to MSRP from $2400 over after they recently dropped their 5k adm fee. So as of now, I have a verbal agreement for a CO/B like I ordered at a dealership about 2 hours closer and for the same price. Hoping I have the chance tomorrow to make my way south to pick it up.

ufnavy06 said:
I found a dealer near Sarasota, Fl who I talked down to MSRP from $2400 over after they recently dropped their 5k adm fee. So as of now, I have a verbal agreement for a CO/B like I ordered at a dealership about 2 hours closer and for the same price. Hoping I have the chance tomorrow to make my way south to pick it up.
That will be a nice wedding present. Good luck!

GA
TheBlues9108 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
2012YellowBoss said:
TheBlues9108 said:

Yes, Sandy Springs. They have a great selection of Bosses and Shelbys in their show room. However, the prices they are asking over MSRP it will become a museum. The salesman said they had turned down 17 K over MSRP for their Boss LS. It is hard to believe a dealership has that much greed.

I hope Sandy Springs keeps that ADM on their Bosses. Then I can drive up there on December 31st and make a deal. ;)

ufnavy06 said:
That would be great if you could get yours now. Good luck!

ufnavy06 said:

Hey, it worked for me and hopefully you too will be driving your Boss. Good Luck!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Thanks guys. I got the other dealer to put my deposit back in the mail. so I'll be seeing it shortly. Still waiting on whether or not I have to work tomorrow as I have made arrangements for everything except that and if work cooperates, I'll have the car about lunchtime tomorrow. And I think my fiancee is more excited than I am!

I also can't say thank you enough to Vince for initially putting me in contact with John Bleakley Ford just outside of Atlanta. They treated me better than any other dealer and I appreciated it and it was very tough to make that call this morning to tell them I had found one a bit closer for the same price on the lot.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel