The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Kona Blue w/ recaros at MSRP in Florida

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There is a Kona Blue with Recaros arriving at Advantage Ford in Stuart, Florida in about 2 weeks. The window sticker is on the Ford.com website if you search for that dealer's inventory. Zip is 23994. I checked, they are selling at MSRP. Ask for Harry Sepulveda, the asst. sales manager.

That is the same car I posted about. One of the members at TMS called and the sales manager gave him a run around. I talked to a guy named Joe there and re-called him after the manager did what he did. Joe had told me it was MSRP and I was unhappy looking like a fool. He was embarrassed at what happen, I truly believe this since we spoke a little while. Anyway he was going to have a talk with the manager today and the guy that called to see if it can still be worked out. I hope so, these games really suck.

Okay, this is the word from on high (technically, from Joe, who spoke to Brian the Sales Manager on my behalf) - the car is about two weeks out from being delivered to the dealership. At that time, they will see what's what. Brian says that he has an offer for $5K over, but the car isn't sold. In other words, even if you call now and offer $6K over, they won't sell the car. They will wait until they take delivery of the car and THEN see if anybody is still standing around with real money. If "$5K man" is standing there and nobody wants to give higher, then he'll get it. If he disappears, then it will go to whoever wants to give most. "Most" could end-up being MSRP, in which case it could go to whomever answers their phone first.

They didn't indicate how long they would hold on to the car trying to get top dollar. My impression was that wouldn't hold it very long. Joe said he would call me when they got the car and we would all see what's what.

Nobody should feel foolish about passing along bad info from the dealers. These contacts and tips are still useful and it is still all about connecting people with the car they want. I certainly appreciate it. Thanks!

Jimmy

Before the color was finalized, they took a $1,000 deposit from me for a Performance White boss, at MSRP. The car had been ordered by someone else (in Kona Blue) who backed out. As it turned out, it was too late to change the color as the car had gone into production. The person to speak to is either Harry Sepulveda, asst. sales manager, or John Hall, the general manager. I'm not sure who all the other people are, but if they are talking ADM's, ignore them and call back and ask for Harry Sepulveda.

roamer said:
Before the color was finalized, they took a $1,000 deposit from me for a Performance White boss, at MSRP. The car had been ordered by someone else (in Kona Blue) who backed out. As it turned out, it was too late to change the color as the car had gone into production. The person to speak to is either Harry Sepulveda, asst. sales manager, or John Hall, the general manager. I'm not sure who all the other people are, but if they are talking ADM's, ignore them and call back and ask for Harry Sepulveda.

Good info, Joe did tell me the story about you and it matches 100%. He also knows other cars around here sold for MSRP and agreed that should be the case but he is not the manager. I just happened to get Joe on the phone over a different issue and we spoke of the Boss. Calling John Hall the GM might be an idea and tell him the car was offered at MSRP but then that changed.

Hey fellow Stang Fans,

My name is Josh and I'm a salesman at Advantage Ford of Stuart I've been with the dealership going on 4.5 years now and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Kona Blue Boss 302!!!! Well I just found out the arrival date of the Boss 302 and its right around the corner. I came to this forum to build up some more prospects on this awesome machine. I'm currently have a few local mustang enthusiast that made sure I have them on speed dial. As with ALL of the Boss 302's this one will be sold at "MARKET VALUE"! I look forward to being the sales rep that sells our 1st Boss and guys this Boss is the Boss! It's done up the right way.....if you are serious about this Boss302 email me your contact info: [email protected] also you can K.I.T. with me about our other Boss 302 and our Boss 302 L.S. edition

AdvFJosh84 said:
Hey fellow Stang Fans,

My name is Josh and I'm a salesman at Advantage Ford of Stuart I've been with the dealership going on 4.5 years now and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Kona Blue Boss 302!!!! Well I just found out the arrival date of the Boss 302 and its right around the corner. As with ALL of the Boss 302's this one will be sold at "MARKET VALUE"!

Just a smidge over Invoice Plus Holdback? AWESOME!!!

What a difference a couple of miles make, I will stick with my dealer on the same road a few miles north for any future Fords. Post a price or go away, sorry to be rude but you guys need to get you story straight on this Boss, your games are really getting old.

2012Boss said:
What a difference a couple of miles make, I will stick with my dealer on the same road a few miles north for any future Fords. Post a price or go away, sorry to be rude but you guys need to get you story straight on this Boss, your games are really getting old.
This. Anymore sales pitches without a price will be deleted.

Jimmy Pribble said:
Okay, this is the word from on high (technically, from Joe, who spoke to Brian the Sales Manager on my behalf) - the car is about two weeks out from being delivered to the dealership. At that time, they will see what's what. Brian says that he has an offer for $5K over, but the car isn't sold. In other words, even if you call now and offer $6K over, they won't sell the car. They will wait until they take delivery of the car and THEN see if anybody is still standing around with real money. If "$5K man" is standing there and nobody wants to give higher, then he'll get it. If he disappears, then it will go to whoever wants to give most. "Most" could end-up being MSRP, in which case it could go to whomever answers their phone first.

They didn't indicate how long they would hold on to the car trying to get top dollar. My impression was that wouldn't hold it very long. Joe said he would call me when they got the car and we would all see what's what.

Nobody should feel foolish about passing along bad info from the dealers. These contacts and tips are still useful and it is still all about connecting people with the car they want. I certainly appreciate it. Thanks!

Jimmy

I only came here for prospects....not to offend anyone. Joe unfortunatly is longer with our sales team but if you would like I can contact you when the car arrives just e-mail me. Haha.....this car doesn't need any type of "Sales Pitch".

I saw the car yesterday. It's in their detail bay here in Stuart, Florida. Kona Blue with Recaro's.

The salesman who is offering it at MSRP is John Hanson. They do have a dealer fee - about $500 - and that's typical in south Florida.

roamer not directing this at you but I am sick of hearing about this car, not sure how it got so famous. Every day it is a different story with a different salesman down there. Anyone still want a Boss my dealer still has a Boss for MSRP, no games no different stories and just ten miles north.

What is funny is that they have "several offers above MSRP" so that is why they are taking offers. Yet the car is still not sold ... enough said :-X

I agree most of them play games.

Bottom line they want to move cars, and if they can't get ADM on one, they'll try on another.

roamer said:
I agree most of them play games.

I am not an expert but I disagree with most do. I have been tracking the build numbers on the Bosses and learned a lot. I see the same FEW dealers playing games and over-pricing, yet over and over someone walks into the a local dealer and an hour later walks out with a fair deal. I use to think there was more bad then good but now I believe there is way more good then bad dealers. I could have bought at least 20 Bosses at MSRP in my searches.

I agree; anyone that does their homework can get a Boss at a good deal. One dealership in Atlanta is “asking” 10 K over MSRP for the Boss and an unbelievable 30 K over MSRP for the Boss LS.

One hour drive to another dealership they sold a Yellow Blaze Boss under MSRP with adm fee of $300.

The deals are out there you need to find a dealership that wants make a reasonable profit not a killing on one sale.

Yes, MSRP or less seems very doable for anyone willing to look around. if you show up at a dealership with your financing in place, they rarely let you walk. I posted this originally because someone was looking for a Kona blue 302.

TheBlues9108 said:
I agree; anyone that does their homework can get a Boss at a good deal. One dealership in Atlanta is “asking” 10 K over MSRP for the Boss and an unbelievable 30 K over MSRP for the Boss LS.

Sandy Springs, lol - if so they have the same cars listed over and over and over and over and over on ebay. Hell, car #38 has been list for months on ebay, down to 5K over but still no buyers.

TMO Supporting Vendors