The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Kona Blue with White Removed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There’s a private party seller here in So Cal offering up a 2012 Kona Blue Boss. Has 4,800 miles with Recaros and Torsen. Price is $38k which seems reasonable and inline with other prices in the area.

However, all the white decals have been removed – side stripes, hood and roof.

I guess this would be similar to a GT500 with a stripe delete. Turns the car into a sleeper.

But a huge part of the unique Boss look has been removed which would likely affect resale down the road. Also, with the dark body and white roof, a Kona Blue looks like a cop car when coming up from behind in traffic which is too cool.

Not sure where I stand on this one.

Thoughts? Opinions?

The car is on Auto Trader so I don't want to "borrow" the seller's pictures. Car is in Newport Beach so use zip code 92657 when searching.

I recently saw a KB with the stripes and hood decals removed. It still had a white roof and black rear spoiler and I thought it looked fine. To each his own and I was never too wild about the hood decal so I removed mine a year ago. The main thing was I didn't like the orange peel look it had. The 2012 LS cars look fine without the hood decal as well. One thing to consider is if you want to add OEM decals they will cost $1K plus installation. Was the roof painted or wrapped?

IMG_2497_zps6d560249.jpg

Did he have the roof repainted or covered with blue vinyl? The white roof is not a decal AFAIK. My roof is red with coat of black on top. I have a rock chip that is down to the red...

So the roof IS painted. Thanks for clarification.

Haven't seen the car in person. Tough to tell from the pics if the roof is painted or wrapped.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Kona Blue with White Removed

Brandon302 said:
I would think you could get one for less then 38, seems like a lot of people paid that for a new Boss.
$38,000 Really? Wow I feel ripped off, I never new people got them below $40,000+Tax. :-:-:-:-
I bought mine in 2011 in August, I am a Ford Employee and paid sticker.

I think you were probably lucky to get one sticker in 2011. I have a feeling that is when demand was highest. If you had waited for better you might have missed out, so don't regret it!

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Kona Blue with White Removed

WinterSucks said:
I think you were probably lucky to get one sticker in 2011. I have a feeling that is when demand was highest. If you had waited for better you might have missed out, so don't regret it!
Brandon posted $38,000 I find that hard to believe

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I've been tracking that car since it was listed... owner was asking a little more a few weeks ago. $39k then and 37.9 now.

Lack of side stripes and roof paint has kept me from picking up the phone at the current asking price.

If anyone serious about buying the car wants me to check it out...shoot me a PM.

Grant 302 said:
I've been tracking that car since it was listed... owner was asking a little more a few weeks ago. $39k then and 37.9 now.

Lack of side stripes and roof paint has kept me from picking up the phone at the current asking price.

If anyone serious about buying the car wants me to check it out...shoot me a PM.
It's ok to post a link to the ad. So what you need three S197 Mustangs??? ;D

I removed the side stripes and hood decal from my Kona Blue '12 Boss because a) I didn't care for the look that much and b) every nitwit in a 10 year old Kia wanted to race me. Once I removed the stripes, no one bothered me. I love the no stripe look.

In the end it is your car to do with as you please, but people have to realize that removing things like the decals will hit the value of the car if they sell it. I like the white and blue, except for the roof. If I had a Kona I would probably wrap just the roof and leave it be after that.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I think it's the black rims with the blue body. A silver, gunmetal or lighter color imo would look better with the stripes removed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TMO Supporting Vendors