The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Koni Yellows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skwerl

tree hugger
Flyboygsxr said:
Grant,

I just ordered a set of Koni Yellows as you did. Pulled them out of the box today to make sure nothing was damaged and that everything was good to go. I checked the fronts and they compress and rebound completely on their own but the rears were a different story. The rear strut only rebounds a few inches and then stops. In fact, even though the rears are both set on full soft they rebound at different rates? There is no damage to the damper, no fluid is leaking so I'm not sure what's up? Will you give yours a try and see if the rears rebound completely or if they stop and if the rate at which they rebound is symmetrical between the two. Thanks in advance

Adam
Adam, that isn't right. It's not uncommon for a defective unit to slip out the door. Contact your seller to see about swapping out the bad shock. I know for a fact that Koni is very easy to work with from the dealer's standpoint so warranty issues are no big deal.

Flyboygsxr said:
Grant,

I just ordered a set of Koni Yellows as you did. Pulled them out of the box today to make sure nothing was damaged and that everything was good to go. I checked the fronts and they compress and rebound completely on their own but the rears were a different story. The rear strut only rebounds a few inches and then stops. In fact, even though the rears are both set on full soft they rebound at different rates? There is no damage to the damper, no fluid is leaking so I'm not sure what's up? Will you give yours a try and see if the rears rebound completely or if they stop and if the rate at which they rebound is symmetrical between the two. Thanks in advance

Adam

If they have been laying in their side for a bit. It may take a little time for the to cycle thru. They should stiffen up once on the car and driven for a little. You might even notice the rear being a little softer than you would think they should be. Mine felt and did the same as yours. After some mile the did get stiffer.

I just found a set of Koni sports at the sale price of $629.95 and ordered a set :D http://www.stage3motorsports.com/KONI1114-2011-2014-Mustang-Koni-Complete-Sport-Shock-Strut-Kit.html

Dave

No personal experience with both products, but if both parts are made for same year mustangs, i dont see why they wouldn't. I believe there were shock length differences between the years and required the use of spacers if parts were mis-matched.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Flyboygsxr said:
Grant,

Adam

Adam- Sorry I missed this post...did the issue resolve itself?

FrenchBoss said:
Does anybody know if the Koni's will fit J&M Camber plates ???

Pretty sure they will. The J&M are very similar in design to the MM plates and look like they have spacers to use with either 05-10 cars and 11-14.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel