The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Konig Kilogram 18" Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I thought I'd post about these wheels as they were installed on the Chuckwalla Academy cars John, Gary and I drove a couple of weeks ago. I thought they looked nice but what caught my attention was they had "Licensed by Enkei" or something like that on them. I looked them up and they are quite light and are made using the same MAT technology as the Enkei PF01 wheels several members use. I wonder if they are actually made by Enkei as the wheels are really light. FWIW I was surprised to see several SCCA World Challenge race cars running the Enkei PF01's wheels so they are the real deal. These appear to be a nice lightweight option for track wheels that are affordable.

Anyway here's some info I found on the web:

http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Home/Konig-Passenger-Wheels/KILOGRAM

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/wheels/konig/product/submitProductSize.do;jsessionid=A8613380D6C1399CD6C397FD234EFB18.dtd207?pc=64522&tmn=Kilogram&typ=Truck

18x9.5 +25 - 20.9lbs
18x9.5 +30 - 21.4lbs
18x9.5 +35 - 21.1lbs

18x10 +25 - 20.9lbs
18x10 +40 - 20.9lbs

.f

.f

.f

20130219_100359_zps97d7dda0.jpg
20130219_105718_zps51dea0ee.jpg

It took me a minute but I found Waldo. I actually found Waldo laying on the ground that day in the paddock and handed it to Gary as a souvenir.

Rick - Do you have the weights of the PFO1s? That is what I am on and curious the difference.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
those are nice looking wheels. the price isnt bad either. I am looking for a decent set of wheels to put winter tires on. I dont want a knock off wheel from AM or LMR as I have found knock off wheels start to look like crap in about a year. I will keep these in mind when it comes time to make the purchase.

cloud9 said:
It's a little Where's Waldo for you guys ;D

Well, I found Waldo and even though "Waldo" got corrected in the second photo, closed lug nuts for the track is a no-no (or at least not a best practice). Also, those lug openings look really small. I don't like wheels that require a thin-walled socket (though I am not claiming these wheels require such a thing). It would just be something to check.

Jimmy Pribble said:
Well, I found Waldo and even though "Waldo" got corrected in the second photo, closed lug nuts for the track is a no-no (or at least not a best practice). Also, those lug openings look really small. I don't like wheels that require a thin-walled socket (though I am not claiming these wheels require such a thing). It would just be something to check.
The lugs weren't the only thing missing. :) Open lugs and ARPs are a best practice.

cloud9 said:
The lugs weren't the only thing missing. :) Open lugs and ARPs are a best practice.

Haha! That's funny. I didn't catch that, because that doesn't look wrong to me - I come from the Audi world, which uses lug bolts, not lug nuts on studs. So even though I recognized the fastener as being missing, the missing studs did not register.

Great, now I have another decision to make! I just wish the Kilogram came in black. Konig has several black ones that are similar, though. I NEVER liked black wheels before, but with the RR Boss I think they look really sharp. She would look real nice with red calipers behind the black wheels, too.

Does anyone have any info on the Milligram wheels? I like how they come in black, but they don't look quite as strong...Konigs site is a joke, like trying to get specs on a Chinese knockoff of...anything. It would be nice to be able to compare load ratings, weight, etc of the Milligram vs Kilogram.

TMO Supporting Vendors